310B - Two 180kW (240hp) Continental O-470-M flat six piston engines driving two blade constant speed McCauley propellers.
T310P - Two 213kW (285hp) turbocharged and fuel injected TSIO-520-Bs.
310R - Two 213kW (285hp) Continental IO-520-MB fuel injected piston engines.
310B - Max speed 383km/h (207kt), cruising speed 291km/h (157kt). Initial rate of climb 1800ft/min. Service ceiling 19,800ft. Range with no reserves 1617km (873nm).
T310T - Max speed 442km/h (237kt), max cruising speed 418km/h (226kt) at 20,000ft, long range cruising speed 288km/h (156kt) at 10,000ft. Initial rate of climb 1862ft/min. Service ceiling 28,600ft. Range at max cruise with no reserves and standard fuel 1226km (662nm) at 10,000ft, 3146km (1699nm) at 20,000ft.
310R - Max speed 383km/h (207kt), max cruising speed 360km/h (195kt), long range cruising speed 267km/h (144kt). Initial rate of climb 1662ft/min. Service ceiling 19,750ft. Max range with reserves 1170km (632nm), with reserves and optional fuel 2840km (1535nm).
310B - Empty equipped 1436kg (3166lb), max takeoff 2190kg (4830lb).
T310P - Empty 1493kg (3292lb), max takeoff 2268kg (5400lb).
310R - Empty equipped 1480kg (3260lb), max takeoff 2495kg (5500lb).
Total 310 and 320 production (including prototypes) was 6321 aircraft, of which 5741 were 310s and 580 were 320s. From this production 196 were built for the US military as L-27, later U-3.
Four to six seat light piston twins
The sleek Cessna 310 was the first twin engine design from Cessna to enter production after WW2.
The 310 first flew on January 3 1953. The modern rakish lines of the new twin were backed up by innovative features such as engine exhaust thrust augmentor tubes and the storage of all fuel in tip tanks. Deliveries commenced in late 1954.
The first significant upgrade to the 310 line came with the 310C of 1959, which introduced more powerful 195kW (260hp) IO-470-D engines. The 310D of 1960 featured swept back vertical tail surfaces. An extra cabin window was added with the 310F. A development of the 310F was the turbocharged 320 Skyknight, with TSIO-470-B engines and a fourth cabin side-window. The Skyknight was in production between 1961 and 1969 (the 320D, E and F were named Executive Skyknight), when it was replaced by the similar Turbo 310.
The 310G introduced the 'stabila-tip' tip tanks, while the 310K replaced the rear two windows on each side with a single unit. Subsequent significant developments include the 310Q and turbocharged T310Q with redesigned rear cabin with a skylight window, and the final 310R and T310R, identifiable for their lengthened noses. Production ended in 1980.
USAF military versions were the L-27A (310A) and L-27B (310M) Blue Canoe, later redesignated U-3A and U-3B.