LAXspotter From India, joined Jan 2007, 3650 posts, RR: 4 Posted (8 years 2 months 1 week 1 day 16 hours ago) and read 12334 times:
I realized some glitches with ATC in FS9 with specially when having a lot of AI traffic, these are the following problems
1. Planes takes a long time to takeoff
2. ATC tells departing plane to contact departure after 1.5NM-2.0NM away, which slows down traffic
3. A Plane cannot taxi into position and hold when another plane has just landed
4. ATC gives clearance to land 5 miles out, which means other planes in the queue cannot come and lineup even tho there is plenty fo time
I have FSconfigurator from Ken Slater, but i need something where i can alter the ATC settings and the plane takeoff settings, so i can accomodate more operations/hr.
"Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel" Samuel Johnson
CPH-R From Denmark, joined May 2001, 6276 posts, RR: 3
Reply 5, posted (8 years 2 months 1 week 1 day 2 hours ago) and read 12270 times:
1. Can be resolved with a better set of flight dynamics (FDE). What AI planes/pack are you using?
2. Notthing that can be changed, though you can speed up the radio traffic a bit with EditVoicePack
3. As mentioned, basic flaw in FS9, so nothing that can be changed
4. Another basic flaw of FS9, basically each runway can handle only 30 flights pr hours, assuming your FDE's are really sharp and designed with best possible flow in mind.