CYKA From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 1, posted (14 years 1 week 2 days 17 hours ago) and read 5162 times:
First thing go to http://www.tigeraircanada.com and click on "navigation" from there download the fsn navigator 3.0. Although not needed for ILS apporaches it will come in vary handy when planning IFR flight plans.
As for the ILS approach, here's the seqence:
1. You will need to be sure your roughly alligned with the runway(its when the fsn navigator comes in handy)
2. Dial in the ILS freqeuncy
3. Use the HSI needle to allign with the runway. This is accomplished when the center of the purple line on the HSI is inline with the main line.
4. Make sure your on the proper glideslope using the triangle on the HSI which moves up and down. When it is in the center, your on the proper glideslope.
5. Or you can click the APP or APR button on the autopilot panel and the aircraft will do all that i mentiond above by itself.
6. when your 500' of the ground disanguage the autopilot and land manualy.