EDDP From Germany, joined Jun 2001, 18 posts, RR: 0 Posted (14 years 3 months 3 weeks 1 day ago) and read 3419 times:
I have a problem with FS2000 (nothing new to here *gg*):
When ever I do a approach trough clouds it starts performing a slide show for me... But that is new, before 8 weeks it was running perfectly. Sadly also deleting the whole PC and installing everything new did not help. I realy looking forward for anyone who could help. I installed any patches that were avaible so far.
AMD Athlon 1 000 MHZ
20 GB Harddisk (currently about 13GB free)
Geforce II MX Chip (N´vidia Detonator drivers)
256 MB RAM
50X Speed CD rom
Thanks in advance for your hints.
Peter Gruettner, Leipzig/ Germany.
Soku39 From United States of America, joined Nov 2000, 1797 posts, RR: 8
Reply 1, posted (14 years 3 months 3 weeks 22 hours ago) and read 3360 times:
I had the same problem and I got these suggestions from user: Ned Kelly
1.Set maximum visibility to about 50 or 60 miles (looks better as well).
2. When on approach, set terrain texture distance to about 20 miles. (you don't need any more when at low altitude).
3. When on cockpit view, switch the texture quality view to No. 2 instead of No. 3.
4. Once lined up on a ILS, and if using the APR, switch off the red boxes.
5. Best one of all for increasing frame rates, is to switch off the sound "Q" key, this will at least double the frame rates.
6. Through the weather, when on final approach change the visibility to less than 20 miles.
7. Set scenery settings to sparse whilst on landing or take off.
EDDP From Germany, joined Jun 2001, 18 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (14 years 3 months 3 weeks 20 hours ago) and read 3341 times:
Thank you all- but thats not the problem. I used FS2000 since a half year on that System with all settings very dense and experienced no problems. Unfortunately FS2k started stuttering aprox 8 weeks ago, i reinstalled the whole system (including Win itself). I am a little helpless right now. Why is it not running in the very basic installation like it did 8 weeks ago ??