Another777Fan From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 4, posted (12 years 1 month 2 weeks 5 days 1 hour ago) and read 7276 times:
1. 777 has 3 wheeler bogeys while 340 has 2.
2. 777 engines have 70-90,000 lbs thrust each, 340 has 34,000 lbs each.
3. 777 allows pilot to overight computer, 340/330 gives computer more control.
4. 777 has asymmetric thrust system, 340/330 doesnt.
5. 777's wings are more rigid, while the 340/330 is more flexible.
Cxcx330 From Hong Kong, joined Jan 2001, 118 posts, RR: 0 Reply 8, posted (12 years 1 month 2 weeks 4 days 5 hours ago) and read 7247 times:
1/ B777's engines are larger than A330/A340's
2/ B777s are able to fly longer range than A330/A340s
3/ B777 has never written off. A330/A340 have some aircrafts written off.
4/ B777's wingspan are larger than A330/A340's
5/ The interior of B777 is much better than A330/A340.
Another777Fan From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 9, posted (12 years 1 month 2 weeks 4 days ago) and read 7242 times:
The Asymmetric Thrust System is a system found on the B777. It's used when one engine fails on takeoff after V1. When activated, the computer (again its the computer) would then calculate the necessary reductions (or increaments) in power necessary to drive the airplane into the air, and perhaps keep it level.
Perhaps anyone with more technical knowledge about this could help?