Senatorto From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (13 years 6 months 19 hours ago) and read 10193 times:
The creater of TTools, Lee Swordy, has scored his second golden-goal to AI Traffic. He has released an airport modification program to AVSIM which allow add a new active airport to FS2002 or to add more gates to existing one. Here is the description:
This is a CAD-style editor for airport facility data. You can create new parking, modify taxiways, add ATC to airports that don't already have it, create new airport facilities from scratch, and other things. It can't change the visual elements of an airport, just the maps that AI uses to land and move around at airports, and ATC uses to give directions. (JW)
Added: 13th April 2002
Author: Lee Swordy
The program has completed beta testing procedures and it is reported as a better tools than ADDAGATE program. Continuous improvment is expected in future.
The text is in swedish, but you can watch the screenshots and figure out yourself, and when todays F1 race is over, i'll be back with a better description on how to get the AI to takeoff from one runway, and land on another
JoakimE From Sweden, joined Nov 2001, 408 posts, RR: 6
Reply 8, posted (13 years 5 months 4 weeks 1 day 18 hours ago) and read 10114 times:
After some celebration to the 1-2 for Ferrari at Imola earlier today, here comes the info in english
1. Download and start AFCAD
2. Choose 'Open Airport' from the 'File' menu
3. Choose the airport you wish to change (like KJFK)
4. Go to the 'Lists' menu and choose 'Runways'
5. Mark the longest one (which happens to be the default active one in FS) and click 'Properties'
6. Set 'Restrictions' to 'Closed' on both ends of the runway
7. Click 'OK' and then close the 'Runway list' window, save and start flightsim and watch the wounders of dual runways