NormalSpeed From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (11 years 11 months 1 week 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 3879 times:
1. if you were to be flying an airline, would your callsign be pronounced "frontier six five eight three" or "frontier sixety five eighty three?"
What LHR said.
2. can you request different cruise altitude when on an IFR flight plan?
Yes, what LHR said.
3. can you file IFR in the air?
Yes, in fact, if the weather is IFR, then you will hear the AI traffic picking up airborne IFR clearances.
4. are helicopters give pattern instructions as helicopters would? or are the instructions still the same as airplane ones?
Not sure, never tried.
5. on IFR flight plans, are you given positions of traffic, even when in the clouds?
Yes, but guess what: this happens in real life too. What would make FS more realistic in this regard would be the ability to answer that you couldn't see the traffic because you were in IMC.
6. what airplanes come standard with the game, what repaints are available for them?
Hmm, lots of great airplanes come with the game. Look on Microsoft's website for the complete list. There are too many to name here. I've been spending a lot of time with a 737-300 in my VA's livery. It's a version designed for FS2002--there isn't a lot of FS2004 stuff out there yet, but that will soon change. Expect good repaints in the not-to-distant future.
7. are there any freeware planes available for the game? will phoenix simulations planes work with '04? (i paid for these)
See the above response. Not sure about the phoenix stuff.
8. can you ammend flight plans?
Not exactly, but you can cancel an existing one and create a new one while airborne.