Sponsor Message:
Aviation Hobby Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Graphics Card V. Memory:The Final Say For FS2004  
User currently offlinePizzapolli From United States of America, joined Oct 2001, 243 posts, RR: 0
Posted (10 years 9 months 1 week 4 days 11 hours ago) and read 4464 times:

So I am going to buy the ati radeon 9800 Pro 256MB tomorrow and also 1024 of memory. My question is though that if I want to play fs2004 it with all the visuals maxed out with lots of add-ons present etc etc, will this set up make it happen? I assume it will but is there any better configuation that I am not thinking of? Would 512 be enough? Any knowledge would be very much appreciated. Thanks.

4 replies: All unread, jump to last
 
User currently offlineUTA_flyinghigh From Tunisia, joined Oct 2001, 6495 posts, RR: 50
Reply 1, posted (10 years 9 months 1 week 4 days 5 hours ago) and read 4284 times:

It looks a bit like overkill Big grin, however, if your pockets are deep enough, why not ?
UTA



Fly to live, live to fly - Air France/KLM Flying Blue Platinum, BMI Diamond Club Gold, Emirates Skywards
User currently offlineSinlock From United States of America, joined Dec 2000, 1647 posts, RR: 2
Reply 2, posted (10 years 9 months 1 week 3 days 21 hours ago) and read 4264 times:

If you can, Upgrade your processor first.

The way that the Graphics Engine for FS2002/04 works, Most of the load is put on the CPU. The graphic card will help with all the different texturing and visual effects. But of all the information that is processed to run FS2002/04 only 60% of that information is visual (i.e. Seen on the screen) The other 40% is Aircraft flight dynamics, terrain modeling, flight physics, AI aircraft, ATC, and other things.

With a game like Unreal 2, only 15% is not visual.

So, If you want high frame rates for 2004, spend less money on the Graphics Card and and save for a faster Processer. If you play lots of diffrent games like Unreal2 or games like that, Then put all the cash into a high end Grfx Card.


When you buy your card. If you see a "faster" card with 128 of ram for the same price as a slower card with 256meg, Go for the 128 ram card. Most games can't don't make use of the extra 128 megs even a high texture monster like MSFS:COF



My Country can beat up your Country....
User currently offlinePizzapolli From United States of America, joined Oct 2001, 243 posts, RR: 0
Reply 3, posted (10 years 9 months 1 week 3 days 21 hours ago) and read 4260 times:

Right now I am running a pentium 4 at about 2.4 gigs. I assume that that is fast enough, yes?

User currently offlineDan2002 From United States of America, joined Dec 2002, 2055 posts, RR: 5
Reply 4, posted (10 years 9 months 1 week 3 days 20 hours ago) and read 4325 times:

It all really depends on how deep your pockets are , as stated above. If you have a decent graphics card& CPU now go with the ram, or go with the video card if not, but 2.4Gigs and 512 mb of ram seem fine, because you can always overclock the graphics card, CPU , and even memory. If you want more info on that go to www.overclockers.com , a very helpful site!


A guy asks 'What's Punk?'. I kick over a trash can and its punk. He knocks over a trash can and its trendy.
Top Of Page
Forum Index

Reply To This Topic Graphics Card V. Memory:The Final Say For FS2004
Username:
No username? Sign up now!
Password: 


Forgot Password? Be reminded.
Remember me on this computer (uses cookies)
  • Aviation hobby related posts only.
  • Back all your opinions with facts.
  • No adverts of any kind. This includes web pages.
  • No hostile language or criticizing of others.
  • Do not post copyright protected material.
  • Use relevant and describing topics.
  • Check if your post already been discussed.
  • Check your spelling!
  • DETAILED RULES
Add Images Add SmiliesPosting Help

Please check your spelling (press "Check Spelling" above)


Similar topics:More similar topics...
Graphics Card For FS2004 posted Sat Oct 16 2004 14:09:34 by Santhosh
What Is The Best Video Card For FS2004? posted Wed Jul 30 2003 02:37:37 by Shawn Patrick
Whats The Best Water Add-on For FS2004? posted Thu Feb 16 2006 21:23:53 by Malaysia
Video Card Suggestions For FS2004 posted Mon Feb 21 2005 04:46:10 by Greenguy01
Video Card For FS2004 posted Tue May 18 2004 23:05:51 by Cba
Who Has The Best 737NG Addon (payware) For FS2004? posted Mon Feb 9 2004 23:49:14 by Vio
Suggestions For A New Graphics Card posted Mon Dec 22 2003 03:23:50 by Soulman
The Best Frame Rates For FS2004 posted Mon Oct 6 2003 16:20:32 by B752fanatic
Graphic Card For Fs2004 posted Tue Aug 12 2003 03:58:34 by Apollo13
Choosing The Graphics Card posted Thu Feb 20 2003 10:45:56 by Aak777

Sponsor Message:
Printer friendly format