Sponsor Message:
Aviation Photography Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Buying The Canon300d In The USA  
User currently offlineBazzaldonbond From Ireland, joined Feb 2001, 95 posts, RR: 0
Posted (11 years 8 months 1 week 3 days 9 hours ago) and read 2866 times:

Im going to be in new york in november and was thinking of buying the 300d what are the differences between european version and us .is the recharger for the battery a problem if so can i buy a charger in europe to get around the power differences.

5 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineThowman From United Kingdom, joined Jul 2004, 363 posts, RR: 3
Reply 1, posted (11 years 8 months 1 week 3 days 8 hours ago) and read 2846 times:

I bought mine in the US earlier this year. The only difference I could see was the name, though I could be wrong. The US 300D is called the Rebel. I saved a few hundred quid but run the risk of not having a manufacturer´s guarantee should it go wrong.

As far as compatibility goes, the battery charger is a standard 2 pin connector that you will be able to buy your country´s version of in any electrical store.


User currently offlineBazzaldonbond From Ireland, joined Feb 2001, 95 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (11 years 8 months 1 week 3 days 7 hours ago) and read 2841 times:

we use a three pin plug and our power supply is 240v i think this will be an issue anyone know will it be a problem for me

User currently offline2912n From United States of America, joined Oct 2001, 2013 posts, RR: 7
Reply 3, posted (11 years 8 months 1 week 3 days 6 hours ago) and read 2830 times:

You just need a convertor plug. I bought a set here in the US that fits pretty much everything in the world. Just plug your charger into the plug, the plug into your home socket and you are good to go.

If you are coming in January keep an eye on other cameras as well....With the intro of the 20D other cameras have come down in price...you may be able to pick up a 10D for what a Rebel/300D is going for today.

User currently offlineAndrewuber From United States of America, joined Jul 2003, 2528 posts, RR: 32
Reply 4, posted (11 years 8 months 1 week 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 2790 times:

Actually, here in the U.S. we call the 300D the DIGITAL Rebel. There are many many versions of the Rebel by Canon.

I'd rather shoot BAD_MOTIVE
User currently offlineSkymonster From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (11 years 8 months 1 week 2 days 14 hours ago) and read 2788 times:

Problem is Customs and Exercise will know its been bought abroad because its badged as a Digital Rebel rather than an EOS300D. That means that IF they snag you, not just the first time it comes into the country but any time, they can check back to see if you've already paid duty/tax on it, and if you haven't...


Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Check Out The Guy In The Cockpit posted Thu Nov 30 2006 11:34:39 by Javibi
Am I SOL With The Fence In This Shot? posted Sat Sep 2 2006 07:11:18 by SEAchaz
Buying Camera Gear In New York City posted Sun Jun 11 2006 14:20:29 by Kukkudrill
In Flight USA Magazine - $10 For A Photo? posted Fri May 5 2006 12:29:54 by Ptrjong
Selecting Just The Plane In Editing posted Tue Apr 18 2006 10:56:40 by Cosec59
The Gift Of The Database - The Career Of A Jet posted Thu Mar 23 2006 09:56:21 by Sulman
Best "friend Spotter" Airports In The USA posted Wed Aug 9 2006 11:47:43 by Dcrusafon
Getting Lenses In The USA - A Good Deal? posted Tue Feb 8 2005 23:10:54 by BREmer
Lens From The USA posted Thu Oct 21 2004 10:23:38 by Jfazzer
Big Bird My First In The USA! posted Tue Apr 20 2004 23:38:44 by Work4bmi