Tappan From United States of America, joined Oct 1999, 1538 posts, RR: 40 Posted (9 years 2 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 5630 times:
I want to see everybody's list......
I hereby resolve to.......
#1) Take more care in the technical part of my aviation photography to get the "just right" mix of creativity, light, sharpness and no grain.....so that I can get more pictures accepted here.
#2) Get 2 planes silhoutted in the moon...
#3) Get the A 380 silhoutted in the moon....
#4) Get more sales from a.net viewers (corporate website's, marketers and publishers) and from viewers of my website...
#5) Upgrade my 2 EOS 1D's
#6) Visit airports other than Logan (BOS)
#7) Go from age 40 to age 28
Happy, safe and healthy New Year to all the good people of a.net
WakeTurbulence From United States of America, joined Apr 2004, 1303 posts, RR: 16
Reply 1, posted (9 years 2 months 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 5611 times:
My A.net goals for 2006:
1) I have already started, and want to continue not posting my rejections in the forum. I did this and my acceptance ratio rose from about 50% to about 75%. Basically, I shut my mouth and opened my eyes.
2) Hopefully upgrade to a longer lens.
3) Travel more, not only for pictures but also for myself and family.
4) Catch the A380 at LAX (if possible )
5) Make even more friends through this awesome community.
6) Start up a collection of all different photos on PBase. That means I need to edit all my travel shots, family, nature, etc. I will be very busy with that.
My best goes out to everyone at Anet for a great 2006.
DLKAPA From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 4, posted (9 years 2 months 21 hours ago) and read 5498 times:
1- Now that I've mastered the basics of taking pictures of airplanes, I want to master taking pictures of airplanes in their elements. This will probably equate to many rejections in the near-term, but I'm trying to master photography in low light, bad weather, action, and location and get a nice high-quality mix thereof, by using different motives to portray the mood given. When all is said and done, when people look at my photos, they won't be just looking at photos of airplanes, they'll be at the damn airport!
Mygind66 From Spain, joined May 2004, 1058 posts, RR: 11
Reply 5, posted (9 years 2 months 21 hours ago) and read 5490 times:
1. Be a screener with a 30% acceptance ratio? ..
2. I have no money for an upgrade of my 10D.. But I wish I could afford a camera with full frame sensor... Santa, where were you on the 25th?
3. Try to convince my friend Capt. Yustas for a free jumpin' seat ..
4. To buy a compact camera ( point' shoot....). I'm getting crazy but I'll buy one next week
Bo__einG From Canada, joined Apr 2000, 2771 posts, RR: 18
Reply 8, posted (9 years 2 months 18 hours ago) and read 5440 times:
The most important things for me:
a) Finally buy my first DSLR camera and a top quality lens.
b) Get another point and shoot Ultra zoom type of camera for non-aviation purposes.
c) Travel again. I want to go back to YVR and Seattle.
d) Graduate from school and get a better job.
Maiznblu_757 From United States of America, joined Mar 2002, 5112 posts, RR: 49
Reply 9, posted (9 years 2 months 18 hours ago) and read 5436 times:
1) Earn back all the cash I spent on camera equipment this year...and buy a little bit more, although I am going to take it easy this year. (Canon 2x Extender,Canon 24-70mm F/2.8 L,20D mkII err, whatever its going to be)
2) Finally make it to LAX to shoot. It's just so far away.
AKE0404AR From United States of America, joined May 2000, 2535 posts, RR: 44
Reply 12, posted (9 years 2 months 17 hours ago) and read 5407 times:
1.) Spending time with my baby
2.) Spending time with my baby
3.) Spending time with my baby
4.) Spending time with my baby
5.) Convince Mark Garfinkel to come over for a visit
6.) Buy my beloved 600mm f4
Dehowie From Australia, joined Feb 2004, 1082 posts, RR: 32
Reply 13, posted (9 years 2 months 11 hours ago) and read 5346 times:
Nice post Mark
One of the things i have admired in your photographs is the way you push the limits of your gear and the conditions to arrive at photos which are memorable and totally distinctive.
I guess my resolution is now having some great gear is to really push the boundaries of it and myself to get some truly distinctive shots.
Happy new year.
INNflight From Switzerland, joined Apr 2004, 3770 posts, RR: 59
Reply 14, posted (9 years 2 months 6 hours ago) and read 5298 times:
- Having fun doing photography
- 400mm 2.8L...
- Meeting the same amount of great people like in 2005
- 400mm 2.8L
- Getting the new body following up the 20D, keeping the old body as 2nd one.
- did I mention 400mm 2.8L yet?
There'd be so much more... everything should become reality this year, except the 400mm maybe.
QANTAS077 From Australia, joined Jan 2004, 5871 posts, RR: 38
Reply 15, posted (9 years 2 months 5 hours ago) and read 5288 times:
i'm still recovering from the weekend so i've not thought about it, my ultimate goal for the year is to point my lens towards Russia and the airports in the eastern block. Hope to knockoff China and if all goes well Sharjah too, though i'm not sure when it will re-open for photography.
my immediate goal is to finish this bottle of champaigne and recover from friday, saturday and sunday!
a true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes, while everyone else believes the smile on your face.
ChrisZRH From Switzerland, joined May 2004, 423 posts, RR: 8
Reply 16, posted (9 years 2 months 5 hours ago) and read 5283 times:
- canon 50mm prime
- 1.4x converter to replace the 2x
- lot of traveling up in the front
- great weather for the russian fly in in Geneva tomorrow (doesn't look too good though!)
- not being disturbed by the police when taking photos!
Aviopic From Netherlands, joined Mar 2004, 2681 posts, RR: 41
Reply 17, posted (9 years 2 months 5 hours ago) and read 5280 times:
Well I got a few things on my sleeve for this year.
- Finally getting our Connie up in the air and do some A2A.
- Finishing the worlds only airworthy DC2 repair and do some A2A.
- A formation flight of 10 - 15 DC3's and do some A2A.
- Starting a new Fokker project.
- A flight in the oldest F27 and do some in flight photography.
- hhmmm there must be more...........
The truth lives in one’s mind, it doesn’t really exist
JetAv8r From United States of America, joined Jul 2004, 284 posts, RR: 1
Reply 18, posted (9 years 2 months 3 hours ago) and read 5257 times:
My main one was to finally get a photo on the front page (well I had one already, but it was only there for an hour). I awoke this morning to find my Aruba shot on the front page so I guess that resolution is already done! My other one is to do more air to air. I haven't had a chance to do it since I got my new DSLR. I'd also like to get some L glass.
BREmer From Germany, joined May 2004, 551 posts, RR: 16
Reply 19, posted (9 years 2 months ago) and read 5218 times:
- Find a way to afford the 17-40 L
- Finally pay my new home airport MUC a visit (after living there for 3 months... *cough* *cough*)
- Go to Innsbruck on a cold sunny winter day
- Repeat the wonderful sunrise spotting at the Kaagbaan in AMS from last summer
- Keep my average views here above / around 1.000
Jetmatt777 From United States of America, joined Jun 2005, 2946 posts, RR: 32
Reply 20, posted (9 years 2 months ago) and read 5207 times:
1) get 15 shots on A.net this year... i have a 100%rejection ratio.
2) Get a Good camera
3) The 2006 OKC airshow has excellent weather
4) get a pic on the Front Page
5) to figure out how to work Photoshop Elements 4
Sulman From United States of America, joined Mar 2004, 2037 posts, RR: 31
Reply 22, posted (9 years 1 month 4 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 5184 times:
1) More airshows. Fairford was a real eye-opener.
2) Get to MAN at least once this year, hopefully with nice weather.
3) Get to AMS.
4) Catch the ERJ195 at Southampton in Summer.
5) Do some more days at LHR (Haven't been shooting there for a year now!)
It takes a big man to admit they are wrong, and I am not a big man.
MarkJBeckwith From Canada, joined Jul 2005, 156 posts, RR: 3
Reply 23, posted (9 years 1 month 4 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 5183 times:
1. Take better pictures (not just more pictures) with more thought and planning in each one.
2. Work on getting a better technical knowledge of photography and light (which will help with 1. above).
3. Try and work on different and unusual motives - in different light and weather (which will help with 1. above).
4. Take pictures of a greater variety of subject, not just airplanes!
5. Continue to HAVE FUN with my hobby.
Psych From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2004, 3069 posts, RR: 58
Reply 24, posted (9 years 1 month 4 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 5182 times:
One of my top A.net-related hopes would be to remain active on this Forum.
Too many good people have either left the site, the Forum or are a lot less active than when I first joined. I think of this as the best place on the net for aviation photographers to learn about this hobby; it needs contributors prepared to make themselves available to offer constructive advice, criticism and support.
There should be no such thing as a dumb question - and no-one should be made to feel dumb.
A bit of nice new kit may go down well too .
Let's hope 2006 brings good things.
: 1. Finish school (getting my Master degree). 2. I won't be spotting as much as last year, so taking the quality above quantity approach. 3. Take some
: 1) Get my acceptance ratio up. 2) Get a "killer" shot for my 300th! 3) Finally get to meet Paul and the guys at MAN 4) Get an L series lens to replace
: 1. Visit different airports around the country. 2. Make it to a meet and shoot with some a.net photogs. 3. Get a "Top of Last 24 Hours", "#1 of Last 2
: My goals for the year... 1) Get 10 photos accepted on A.net (I only have one so far). 2) Spot at an airport outside of New England. 3) Spot at an airp
29 D L X
: 5) Visit airports besides DCA and DTW 4) Learn to use my equipment to its fullest 3) Graduate (so I can afford my hobby) 2) Get acceptance #2 1) Meet
: 1) Do Air-to-Air photo work in Florida 2) Shoot at CLT and JFK 3) Sell twice as many photos as I did in 2005 4) Meet more friendly photogs. -Adam
: 1) Sell my camera gear. (It's taking up too bl**dy much of my time!) 2) Stop editing pic's for hours. (One thing will lead to another, I s'pose. ) 3)
: 1) Purchase Sigma 50-500 Next Month 2) Purchase Canon 17-40L Next Month 3) Get to airport's more often 4) Shoot at differernt airports 5) Take a decen
: 1. Spend less time in front of the computer (reduce A.net activities to screening only) and use my time for other things (moving house, wedding, holid
: Is this your New Year's resolution or your girlfriend's? Cheers j