Frippe From Sweden, joined Sep 2005, 185 posts, RR: 7 Posted (8 years 10 months 4 weeks 14 hours ago) and read 6327 times:
Now I would be very happy for your help with a few photos in the queue. I have just climbed to a ratio of 56 after a long time balancing exactly on the verge above 50, so I try to avoid unnecessary rejections.
Ptrjong From Netherlands, joined Mar 2005, 4119 posts, RR: 17
Reply 1, posted (8 years 10 months 4 weeks 14 hours ago) and read 6304 times:
Just got my centering skills shot down, but here's my opinion for what it's worth:
2. Crop is good enough I think, but I would crop it close to the rotor blades on the left side. They're thin and blurry and don't need much breathing space.
3. I'm not sure. The thingy behind the tailfin (static discharger?) also is very close to the edge or even cut.
4. Very slightly low, perhaps, not too low in my opion. But the poles do spoil the shot for me, although I don't know what the screeners would say. You could try how it looks (composition and quality) with the wingtips cropped out.
5. Looks soft and a bit unnatural to me, and in such a shot, the top of the tailfin should be closer to the edge of the frame in my opinion.
The only difference between me and a madman is that I am not mad (Salvador Dali)
Acontador From Chile, joined Jul 2005, 1427 posts, RR: 28
Reply 2, posted (8 years 10 months 4 weeks 13 hours ago) and read 6294 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW PHOTO SCREENER
Just training myself as a screener...seems it's always much easier to spot others faults than your own! These are my comments:
1. Overall, I like this one a lot. Maybe it just needs a kick of sharpening and some working around the brightness/gamma.
2. Agree with Peter, and maybe a little bit of sharpness? You can maybe try and see if you start getting jaggies. Also nice one!
3. Again, unsure as Peter (if I was a screener I would accept it, but I am not!).
4. Also a close call, but I would go for it since in my opinion the poles do not distract or obstruct.
5. This is maybe the most complicated one, since after editing I find some jaggies (left upper wing, nose section) and softness (reg, tail). Is it possible you start from scratch and do a bigger cropping, maybe showing more of the aircraft and working more on sharpening? I also find something strange about the colours/contrast? Funny, but I really do like this one, with the jet wash and the strobe !
Hope this comments help you a little bit, since the pictures are great! Keep it coming!
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!