Flamedude707 From United States of America, joined Jun 2005, 235 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (7 years 10 months 4 weeks 1 day 20 hours ago) and read 1844 times:
1 and 7 are probably your best bet. 1 looks allright, but thats a screeners personal preference there. 6 and 8 are extremely oversharpened, very visible jaggies. Almost looks like a screenshot from FS. 6 looks ok, again, possibly personal preference by screener.
Lanas From Argentina, joined Aug 2006, 978 posts, RR: 13
Reply 3, posted (7 years 10 months 4 weeks 1 day 17 hours ago) and read 1818 times:
Nice new angles! Glad to see you always try new varieties of shots.
1) Nice one. I think quality is fine, maybe some little adjustments (AC titles maybe a little jagged?) but I guess it´s pretty OK.
2) Nice one too. Just a tad jagged but mainly I´d have cropped tighter on the landing gear and left some more 'breathing space' to the right and top and removed some fuselage from the left area of the pic, IMHO.
3) I like it very much but I think the photo doesn´t define a main subject here. I think it´s very subjective. I like the detail on the photo. Good job.
4) I like the crop but I don´t know about the motive. You don´t cut any significant parts but maybe there´s too much fuselage from the wing backwards. It´s just the impression it gave to me.
5) I like the crop on this one.
6) I think it´s too dark and doesn´t have much brightness in the background so as to make it an appealing silhouette shot. I like the idea, however.
7) Too dark for a silhouette shot, I guess. I don´t know if it´ll make it.
8) I like this one better. The sharpness is quite accurate and the background provides a nice lighting that sets a nice atmosphere.
Hope it helps. Good luck!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens." J.R.R. Tolkien
Psych From United Kingdom, joined Nov 2004, 3065 posts, RR: 58
Reply 5, posted (7 years 10 months 4 weeks 1 day 12 hours ago) and read 1798 times:
Good for you for continuing to provide varied subjects. Some very brief feedback from me before the grind of the day begins:
1 - Looks good overall. Can the wings be very slightly sharper?
2 - Quality is good here, though for me the motive is the issue. We are in 'risk' territory here I think. I like the charts in the window though.
3 - I can't see this one getting through on motive alone, including issue of cropped No.1 engine.
4 + 5 - I prefer the crop on 4. In 5 everything looks too 'jumbled up', if you know what I mean. But even with 4 I think you are still in high risk territory. To my eye I ask myself - 'where is the empennage'? Not clear to me what the 'half' crop is trying to show me.
6 - Dark problem here. These shots really need to be silhouette only, and there is the vaguest of detail still visible in the plane, so it will get a dark rejection, I think. But there are also quality issues here.
7 - This is better from the point of view of the silhouette, I think. Shame the bottom of the wheels are a bit lost. But too dark I think, given the lack of light in the sky.
8 - Thumbnail looks really nice, with a lovely sky, but when opening up the quality in the aircraft is not there. Again, slight aircraft detail visible, so 'dark' and also I don't feel the sharpening is right.
Acontador From Chile, joined Jul 2005, 1421 posts, RR: 29
Reply 6, posted (7 years 10 months 4 weeks 1 day 7 hours ago) and read 1769 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW PHOTO SCREENER
Thank you all for the valuable feedback!
It's not always easy to try to change from the usual side-on sunny shot, but with your help will try to improve further.
Overall, I think there is some consensus that 1 and 4 are more or less ok, 2 a bit risky motive-wise, 3 and 5 looks like probable motive rejections, and 6-7-8 seem to be too dark/quality.
So I think I will then try 1,2 and 4, and I will have another try at editing 7 since I really like the clouds in the background on that one.
Thanks again for your help!
Just sit back, relax and have a glass of Merlot...enjoy your life!