The reason for the rejections was low image quality!
The funniest thing was that my friend uploaded the same kind of photos and they looked same as my photos and his photos were accepted WITHOUT warnings!!!! And also I uploaded one photo a while ago and Johan rejected it, but I wanted to try again without correcting the photo and it was accepted by the Screeners. I uploaded 34 photos and 3 were accepted with warnings... Have I made Johan angry or what is the reason??????? - I REALLY DON'T KNOW!!
Da fwog From United Kingdom, joined Aug 1999, 867 posts, RR: 8
Reply 3, posted (13 years 2 months 3 weeks 4 days 8 hours ago) and read 1215 times:
Some of the pics are ok, and seem to be hasrh rejections, but I'm sorry to say that I think most are justified. My opinions:
1. (Maersk) Harsh. On another day it might well get in.
2. A bit dark and blurry (especially at the lefthand edge)
3. I don't think this is really sharp enough. The focus of this shot is the nose of the 737, and that's a bit on the soft side. The light is also rather poor. This is probably a borderline case that didn't quite make it.
4. Nice idea - but there's probably a little too much contrast, and not enough detail in the aircraft themselves. In other words, the aircraft look a little overexposed and washed out, while the foreground of the shot is rather dark.
5. Too blurry and dark.
6. Not enough depth of field. Plus, the overhead panel is a little boring by itself.
7. Low depth of field - and in fact, no area of this pic seems really sharp. But even if the main panel was sharp, the out of focus area at the top would distract.
8. A better shot, but look at what you have: the eye is instantly drawn to the area at the top where the light is brightest, and this is the area out of focus. Spoils the pic, rather.
9. (Swissair) Sorry - not a good shot. Poor light, not sharp - a definite rejection, no question.
10. (D-CPRU) See 1. This one is worth another try.
11. Not bad at all, but the out-of-focus area again spoils the shot. How about cropping it out?
12. Same again, except this time the panels are slightly blurry.
I hope you don't mind the criticisms too much. I think it is more useful to have someone say why they think your shots don't make the grade, rather than people just encouraging you to submit them all again. Some should probably have got in (1, 10, 11), but I think most were reasonably rejected.