dlowwa From Canada, joined Apr 2005, 7328 posts, RR: 30 Posted (1 year 10 months 3 weeks 21 hours ago) and read 5702 times:
In an effort to reduce the size of the queue, we would like to announce we are actively seeking new screeners. We are looking for people that can meet most, if not all of the following criteria:
1. First and foremost, be able to commit the necessary time. We look for screeners to be able screen somewhere around 1000-2000 images a month. On average, that means something in the region of 2-4 hours a week of your time. The screening can be spread out, and doesn't need to be done every day, as many have work or other schedules that make that difficult. We understand, and can accommodate people with varying schedules.
2. Have at least 250 images already accepted here. We may make exceptions for lower numbers if all of the other criteria are met or exceeded, so please still apply if this is the only one you don't meet.
3. Have a relatively high acceptance ratio over the past year or so. There is no exact number we are looking for, but it should at least be over 50%, and preferably higher.
4. Have no recent warnings or bans issued for violating the upload rules.
5. Be a good team player, a good listener and learner, and be willing to help others. Getting along well with the other members of the team is very important, as we are all volunteers, it is important to maintain a good working atmosphere.
6. Be able to communicate well in English, in both writing and reading. As we are a multi-national crew, all communication is done in English. Any other languages you may speak would be considered an asset, so please let us know if you have ability in any other languages.
dlowwa From Canada, joined Apr 2005, 7328 posts, RR: 30
Reply 1, posted (1 year 10 months 2 weeks 4 days 1 hour ago) and read 5362 times:
Just a quick update;
Even though we have just added two new screeners, the application process is still open and ongoing, so if you are still considering applying, please do so!
A few crew changes;
Leaving the screening team is Jens Breuer, who had been on the team for more than two years. We thank Jens for his time, and hope that he might have the chance to return in the future. Also stepping down, but only from the Head Screener position, is Andrew Hunt. Andy and his invaluable experience will be staying on in a regular screening position.
Joining the screening team are Antonio Carrasquilla, from Spain, and Vik S., from the U.S.
Please join me in thanking Jens and Andy, and welcoming Antonio and Vik!
And as mentioned above, we are still accepting applications from anyone interested, so please get in touch with the head screeners if you are still thinking about it.