Airplanenut From United States of America, joined Sep 2001, 664 posts, RR: 1 Posted (12 years 10 months 3 weeks 3 days 6 hours ago) and read 3505 times:
Upon looking at a submission from yesterday, i realized that there was some room for easy improvement... can I update the photo before it is screened, or do i have to wait for an upload and fix or a rejection?
Skymonster From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (12 years 10 months 3 weeks 3 days 5 hours ago) and read 3483 times:
No, you can't update the picture whilst its in the queue.
You have two choices:
- the easiest for all of us is for you to wait for the original picture to be either accepted or rejected, and if its accepted upload the improved version (there's a process for this). Note that the queue is much shorter now so you shouldn't have to wait too long
- if you absolutely must update it now whilst its in the queue, I would recommend the following (this is a personal view and not particularly agreed practice)
1. Upload the revised picture, but use a different file name to your original upload
2. e-mail the screeners (firstname.lastname@example.org) saying that you don't want a specific picture to be considered anymore - provide as much detail as possible including the type, registration, and the file name for the picture you want to be removed
3. All being well, we'll try to do the rest which will result in your original upload being rejected (probably badpersonal with a message saying not processed as per your request)
Airplanenut From United States of America, joined Sep 2001, 664 posts, RR: 1
Reply 4, posted (12 years 10 months 3 weeks 3 days 5 hours ago) and read 3477 times:
When I scanned the picture, I had been looking at it all day (it was from my trip this summer and I was showing people pictures at a party). Since the picture is a contrail in the middle of a Grand Canyon sunrise, I became fixated on the "sunrise" colors and never thought too much of the blue sky that was above... when I looked at it again, I realized that I should have taken more time to look over the picture (definitely a mistake I need to work on)