JETBLUEATASW From United States of America, joined Feb 2007, 56 posts, RR: 0 Reply 3, posted (6 years 8 months 3 weeks 4 hours ago) and read 3037 times:
Well actually the thing about Vaughn is they dont do the actual flight training. they have easily accessible places in Long island. That maybe far for you, but it is easily reached by Long island Railroad. I myself live in queens and intend on going to Heritage flight academy which is in MacArthur Airport, near Long island Railroad's Ronkonkoma station. A good way to decide on which school is right for you is......
1. If u want to become a Commercial Airline Pilot, it should have the ability to meet the standards of most startoff airlines. Example, have a Commercial Pilot Certificate with Multi engine and Instrument ratings
2. Easily accessible by a student (YOU)
3. Financing options would be nice. This will NOT under any circumstances be a cheap road
4. Most flight schools have flexible scheduling to meet students needs. Example i work for the railroad, and they are able to accomodate my lack of schedule
5. I dont know if u have any flight experience, but a good way to get a feel for the school is, take the intro flight to see if this is for you. I can tell you have passion for this so im sure u'll be fine.
6. Carpooling is always a good thing if u want to go to a flight school. Not pressuring you to go to the same flight school as I do, but if u were to go to any flight school out in Long island, u might want to make a friend with someone and carpooling is a possibilty.
7. a Great way to find a school is through wwww.beapilot.com. Shows all schools and locations in NY for flight training. Also hyperlinks their websites, grants access to their phone numbers and such . There are quite a few good schools in NY that can get you to your aviation dream. Best part of this website, the people on it share the dream with you.
HAPPY FLYING! See you in the air! I myself plan to career change from the railroad to airline pilot myself. I want to work for either Comair or American Eagle and see where it takes me from there. All the best to you Amirs!
"DO ME A FAVOR WOULD YA, THE NEXT TIME U LAND A PLANE ON MY STRIP, BONE UP ON YOUR MORSE CODE"-Tom Berenger