Cubsrule From United States of America, joined May 2004, 23445 posts, RR: 21 Posted (7 years 1 week 5 days 3 hours ago) and read 5824 times:
I went through STL today, and I realized that the escalators from the Metrolink station to the terminal are extremely narrow (I've used them many times, but I only thought about how irritating this is today). It's the sort of thing that is inconsequential in the grand scheme of things but bugs me. Something tells me that a group of airline fanatics finds similar things annoying at their home airports... what are they?
I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
Stitch From United States of America, joined Jul 2005, 31669 posts, RR: 85
Reply 2, posted (7 years 1 week 5 days 3 hours ago) and read 5819 times:
Closure of the transit system after around 8PM. I take the bus or a rental car home so when I come in on a late flight from UA into the North Terminal, I have to walk all the way down to the other end of the airport to where the buses and rental cars because the transit shuttle between the north end of the main terminal and the south end is closed.
57AZ From United States of America, joined Nov 2004, 2582 posts, RR: 2
Reply 4, posted (7 years 1 week 5 days 3 hours ago) and read 5818 times:
Pet peeve about TUS-no easy access from the highway and no decent public transportation. One Sun Tran route runs out to the airport, but to transfer to any other route you have to change coaches at one of the three transit centers-very time consuming.
Pet peeve about 57AZ-too many developers building on formerly unoccupied lands surrounding the airpark. Town of Oro Valley and Pima County are looking at adding 700 more homes north and east of the airpark. Many of the airpark's pilots are not happy about this.
"When a man runs on railroads over half of his lifetime he is fit for nothing else-and at times he don't know that."
AlexPorter From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (7 years 1 week 5 days 3 hours ago) and read 5816 times:
PHX: My number one peeve about PHX just has to be about the bag claims. PHX bag claims:
- Carousel assignments are often switched multiple times, and once my flight's bags got split between two carousels.
- The screen displaying carousel assignments are often wrong or do not list the flight at all.
- They take forever! Sometimes they work okay, but half the time it is a long wait with hardly anywhere to sit and wait. Once I waited 45 minutes.
- Train shuts down in the evening, earlier than it should, especially when flights are still arriving to the A and B concourses.
- Escalators can be confusing in the central lobby, with some leading to bag claim, while others right next to them go up to ticketing, but there are no escalators between the ticket lobby (in the public area) and bag claim level, requiring turnarounds all the way down at the tram level.
- Few concessions in Humphrey past security, although this is improving a bit. It used to just be the bar, but now there is a news stand, and also there is a Caribou Coffee by bag claim now.
- Almost all airline status monitors in the Lindbergh terminal only list NW and SkyTeam flights. To find any info on other airlines you have to basically go to the gate and ask, or call the phone number.
David21487 From United States of America, joined Oct 2006, 232 posts, RR: 0
Reply 6, posted (7 years 1 week 4 days 22 hours ago) and read 5797 times:
My CMH Pet Peeves:
1. The fact that Skybus ("the hometown airline") has like the second smallest ticket counter and worst set up of any airline, thus causing their lines to sometimes wrap the length of the entire ticketing level, blocking other airline counters and causing confusion among every person who enters the building. Seriously, NOT kidding.
2. The fact that there is only one public restroom location on the entire ticketing level.
3. The TSA's CTX machines are located in the ticketing lobby in front of the airline check-in counters. There isn't anywhere else to put them, but it just sucks that they have to be there.
4. Limited food options. There's a Charley's Sub place and Wendy's, but that's it in the food court because the rest of it is under construction. Not sure what they're putting there though. There is also a Max & Erma's sit down restaraunt, but they wont let you call and order food in advance, you have to order it and wait there (which doesn't work for me, since I work at the airport and only get 30 minutes for lunch).
5. The location of the employee parking lot and all of the major traffic jams and lane restrictions caused by the road construction around the area.
PITIngres From United States of America, joined Dec 2007, 1180 posts, RR: 13
Reply 8, posted (7 years 1 week 4 days 18 hours ago) and read 5780 times:
The Gestapo wasting huge amounts of my time, hours of my life that I can never get back, while pretending to make me safer (and doing nothing of the kind). That's at any airport, of course, they aren't especially good or bad at mine.
Leskova From Germany, joined Oct 2003, 6075 posts, RR: 69
Reply 9, posted (7 years 1 week 4 days 17 hours ago) and read 5774 times:
Just once, I'd like to see FRA without any construction going on...
And if the area around the baggage claim could be increased in height so that it wouldn't feel quite as depressed, I wouldn't mind either... fortunately enough, I barely ever travel with checked luggage, so that doesn't matter as much to me.
And they could really improve the areas and signage leading to the regional train station: especially first-time-visitors or non-regular visitors are often confused about what platform they'll have to head to to actually get the next train into town.
RwSEA From Netherlands, joined Jan 2005, 3141 posts, RR: 2
Reply 12, posted (7 years 1 week 4 days 12 hours ago) and read 5746 times:
My SEA pet peeves:
- bad and expensive parking options
- extremely militant customs officers
- longest baggage claim times of any airport in the US
Quoting Stitch (Reply 2): Closure of the transit system after around 8PM.
That is annoying now, however the light rail starting next year will run until midnight (now whether you want to be riding through Rainier Beach at 11pm is another question).
Quoting AlexPorter (Reply 5): PHX: My number one peeve about PHX just has to be about the bag claims. PHX bag claims:
I personally hate transitting through PHX because there is absolutely no food at that airport (especially not in the US gate areas!). Everytime I go through there, it's a ritual of looking up and down each concourse and then settling on some crappy sports bar or fast food place - are they ever gonna get any good food options in PHX?
Skywatch From United States of America, joined Mar 2005, 923 posts, RR: 5
Reply 13, posted (7 years 1 week 4 days 11 hours ago) and read 5742 times:
I can't really think of any problems that I have with AUS.....it's pretty user-friendly. The only thing I don't like about AUS is how far away it is from my house. And with the new toll road segment that leads up to the airport, that's not a pain anymore either. Parking, check-in, security, and food options are all great. And the terminal is always squeaky clean. I guess my biggest pet peeve is the recent influx of CRJ service.
AlexPorter From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 14, posted (7 years 1 week 4 days 7 hours ago) and read 5722 times:
Quoting RwSEA (Reply 12): are they ever gonna get any good food options in PHX?
I don't know - I just know the only option in T3 North that isn't a bar is Wendy's, and it closes at 9 PM or so, even though there are a number of redeyes leaving after that on NW and DL (and maybe FL has one too).
MSP on the other hand has a fantastic food court. Quite a world of difference.
Yflyer From United States of America, joined Feb 2007, 1115 posts, RR: 1
Reply 17, posted (7 years 1 week 3 days 23 hours ago) and read 5699 times:
SMF, in Terminal B:
1. Who the heck though it was a good idea to put baggage carousels in the middle of the ticketing areas?
2. Security checkpoints too small, resulting in lines frequently backing up down the escalator into the ticketing hall.
The combination of 1 and 2 can sometimes result in the crowd at the baggage carousel and the lines from security and the ticket counters all intermingling on heavy travel days.
3. Last time I flew the display boards didn't show what baggage carousel bags from my flight would be on, so I ended up walking back and forth between carousels looking for my bag. I'm not sure if that would be the airport's or NWA's fault. (I suppose it's possible they announced it on the flight and I didn't hear it)
4. Few concessions past security.
5. It just generally feels old and crummy.
Terminal A, on the other hand, is rather nice and I can't complain about it.
NG1Fan From Australia, joined Aug 2007, 446 posts, RR: 0
Reply 20, posted (7 years 1 week 2 days 19 hours ago) and read 5628 times:
BNE pet peeves?
-International terminal and domestic terminal separated by a few km of road. To get from one to the other? Catch the Air train (every 30 min, mind you). Or hail a cab. No other way of connecting.
-Domestic Terminal way overcrowded and old. Horrendous lines at check-in and bag drop-off.
-Airport Roundabout a nightmare during peak hours!
-Hopelessly overpriced food - but that sort of price gouging most airports are guilty of.
-trying to cram too many shops into the sterile departure area (int'l terminal).
What's wrong with them? I connected there once and I didn't see any problems, but it was rainy that day and with the angle of that terminal I suppose I can imagine the sun blaring into the windows at dawn/dusk with not much shade cover, is that the problem? Or is it something to do with the ticketing area (which I have not been to)? Or the regional concourse?
RedTailDTW From United States of America, joined Oct 2006, 757 posts, RR: 3
Reply 23, posted (7 years 6 days 7 hours ago) and read 5540 times:
Quoting AlexPorter (Reply 22): What's wrong with them? I connected there once and I didn't see any problems, but it was rainy that day and with the angle of that terminal I suppose I can imagine the sun blaring into the windows at dawn/dusk with not much shade cover, is that the problem? Or is it something to do with the ticketing area (which I have not been to)? Or the regional concourse?
The problem with the windows is that you can't take pictures out of them and it's not easy to see clearly out of them. The reason for this being that they have small black dots on them to keep the air conditioning costs low. They are so annoying!