DFWMzuri From United States of America, joined Nov 2005, 248 posts, RR: 0 Posted (5 years 9 months 1 week 5 days 15 hours ago) and read 2792 times:
I'm planning my seventh trip to India this October and need some advice. I just looked at fares on AA.com and saw that the fare had dropped about $180.00 from yesterday. Should I buy now or wait a couple of months? Also, AA has been in the news quite a bit lately, and not very good news either, with cutbacks and the pilots not reaching an agreement yet. I'm wondering if I should even bother with AA, even though from from DFW they're cheaper and I am an AAdvantage member. I took AA last October but Lufthansa before that. Maybe I should pay a little extra and go with CO or KLM. What would you advise?
Leskova From Germany, joined Oct 2003, 6075 posts, RR: 71
Reply 1, posted (5 years 9 months 1 week 5 days 15 hours ago) and read 2781 times:
Regarding the question of whether you should buy now or wait - ask me in about two months, then I'll be able to tell you if you should have bought the tickets today or not... ... seriously, it's always a gamble: either you end up paying what you think it's worth to you, or you don't.
But no-one can seriously claim that they can predict how the fare will change over the next weeks, days... or even hours... or minutes...
Only AA will be able to do so, somewhere within their revenue management system. And they're certainly not going to make that info publicly available.
Regarding your other choices: have you, personally, had bad experiences with AA that tell you you need to switch to another airline? If yes, then I'd switch in a heartbeat. If not..... I wouldn't go too much by what you read from other members: look through the trip reports, you'll see positive and negative reports about one and the same airline there.
Just because someone else had (a) bad flight(s) with AA does not necessitate that yours will also be bad...