Rsg85 From Australia, joined Aug 2006, 257 posts, RR: 0 Posted (7 years 7 months 2 weeks 3 days 15 hours ago) and read 8147 times:
Ive booked with Korean Air from LHR to MEL in Y
Reason 1. It gets my home the perfect time on christmas day (my family has no idea that im going home)
Reason 2. Price, 200 pounds cheaper than any other operator (742 pounds one way is bad enough)
The first leg LHR - ICN is on a 744
Second leg ICN - MEL is on an a332
According to the korean site the 744 is a new aircraft and has in seat power and AVOD, is this available in all cabin areas?
There is no mention of entertainment onboard the a332?
Can i please have personal experience of the Korean Air product in general
HOONS90 From Canada, joined Aug 2001, 3375 posts, RR: 51
Reply 1, posted (7 years 7 months 2 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 8088 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW CHAT OPERATOR
The 747-400 will have AVOD throughout the whole cabin.
The A330-200 may not, although there's only 3 of them and refurbishment may begin anytime soon, so you might get lucky. In the meantime, there are overhead screens throughout the cabin.
You'll enjoy the service for sure, the flight attendants are very attentive and friendly. The seat pitch should be an inch or two more generous than on most other airlines. Food can be a hit-or-miss. Have you tried Korean food before?
The biggest mistake made by most human beings: Listening to only half, understanding just a quarter and telling double.
Tennis69 From United States of America, joined Apr 2007, 419 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (7 years 7 months 1 week 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 7964 times:
I've flown KE 39 times for a total of over 179K km. The food, service, and staff is excellent. I agree with Cragley above - it is one of the most under rated airlines. I only fly business and the staff there handles English very well. On my last trip with them (just last week) I was flying SGN-ATL, via ICN, and they moved me from business to first class for the SGN-ICN leg when I checked in at SGN. I can only say good things about them.
Bps3458 From Australia, joined Oct 2006, 605 posts, RR: 1
Reply 5, posted (7 years 7 months 4 days 8 hours ago) and read 7806 times:
Quoting Cragley (Reply 3): Korean Air is one of the most under rated airlines.
Fully agree with Cragley. One of my favorite airlines. Have done three return trips with them BNE-FRA in the last 2 years fortunately always flying business class.
1) On the way to Europe love the one night stopover in the Hyatt Regency in ICN
2) Service is on board is truly friendly and you have the feeling the smiles are genuine.
3) Big fan of Korean food and love their Bibimbap. Western choice is always a hit or miss
4) Very competitive pricing in business class nearly 50% cheaper than QF, SQ, EK, etc.
5) A330 (BNE-ICN-BNE) is my favorite air craft and the new business class on the upper deck on the B744 (ICN-FRA-ICN) is superb if you consider the price you pay compared to the big boys (QF, SQ, EK)
6) ICN has to be one of the best airports in the world and the 8-hour layover on the return from Europe passes in a flash.
Honestly, think you'll have a great experience on KE and enjoy Christmas with your family.