Sponsor Message:
Travel Polls & Prefs Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Info And Help Please After Flight Change  
User currently offlinePlairbus From Germany, joined Feb 2008, 311 posts, RR: 0
Posted (5 years 10 months 2 weeks 3 days 23 hours ago) and read 4735 times:

Hi to everybody, I have a question perhaps you guys here can help me and give me some info.
I bought 3 month ago for me and my friend 2 Business Class tickets from Cancun-Madrid-Cancun. leaving cancun the 10th of november and coming back the 25th of november. I paid the flight via internet, rumbo.es and after they charge it on my credit card and they send me the confirmation from the airlines i Bought all the rest of my flights and hotels and car rentals that I need during my stay in Europe. So I bought flights to sevilla, barcelona, madrid and mallorca and i rent a car and i also paid the hotels for my stay in the difrent citys. now Rumbo.es send me an e-mail telling me that I am going to fly not the 10th of november because the airline change the flight and that I am going to fly the 11th now, so 24 hours later. This is going to be horrible for me because all my other flights and hotels i have to change now and i am going to loose money and time.
Can they do that? And what rights do I have?? Please some info and help. Thanks.

3 replies: All unread, jump to last
 
User currently offlineCubsrule From United States of America, joined May 2004, 22924 posts, RR: 20
Reply 1, posted (5 years 10 months 2 weeks 3 days 22 hours ago) and read 4705 times:

Sounds like the flight isn't daily and they changed the days it operates. I'd call them and see whether they can put you on another carrier on the 10th or, alternatively, whether you can fly on the 9th (or whenever the flight operates before the 10th). Unless you bought a super-cheap ticket (I don't know what rumbo.es is), they shouldn't have any problem letting you go prior to the 10th.


I can't decide whether I miss the tulip or the bowling shoe more
User currently offlinePlairbus From Germany, joined Feb 2008, 311 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (5 years 10 months 2 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 4669 times:

I talked to them and they jsut offer me 3 things:

1.- To fly the 8th of november ( but that cost me extra money I have to live in a Hotel than for that 2 extra days)
2.- To fly the 11th of november but than i loose my conecting flight
3.- To give me my money back, but than now 3 weeks before I fly I will not find an other good Business Class fare out there.

I told them to put me the same day on the Iberia flight but they did not even answer that asking....
So what can I do?


User currently offlineTreeny From United Kingdom, joined Dec 2005, 319 posts, RR: 0
Reply 3, posted (5 years 10 months 1 week 2 hours ago) and read 4575 times:

It sounds to me like rumbo.es have offered you three fair alternatives and have complied with their responsability.

I often take the risk of flying one airline into a city and then using another to get to my final destination for costs etc and until now (touch wood) I have never had a problem.

Of course the danger with doing this is that if something goes wrong with your first outbound lets say, your second airline has no obligation to help you as you have separate reservations and the flights are not a connection per say.

My personal advice would be to take the flight on the 8th and take the hotel hit. Think of it as some bonus holiday...I honestly dont think you have too many other options in truth.

It sucks but I cant think of anything else you could do.

As for your "rights" about this CUN - MAD - CUN change you'll need to read the terms but the fact you have been advised of the change etc in plenty of time (thats probably debatable) you may be on a hiding to nothing chasing this.

My advice, go on the 8th and enjoy!!!!


Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
GF Help Please posted Wed Jul 23 2008 10:16:57 by CHRISBA777ER
777 And A340 Future After A350XWB posted Tue Jun 24 2008 13:06:06 by 747400sp
Flying To Kaunas Help Please posted Thu May 8 2008 03:27:12 by SpeedBird203
Carolinas-AMA: Help Me Find A Flight! posted Sun Nov 18 2007 14:56:11 by DeltaAVL
Help Needed Finding A Flight LGW/LHR-AGA posted Wed May 16 2007 10:09:06 by BCAL
Flying To Hong Kong, Help Please! posted Wed Aug 23 2006 06:20:50 by BoeingFever777
Your Help Please..... What Carrier To LHR? posted Tue Jul 4 2006 08:21:23 by USAF757300
Best Window In UA 777 (Econ Plus) - Help Please posted Fri May 26 2006 06:36:01 by Capt.Fantastic
I Need Some Help With Booking A Flight. posted Mon May 8 2006 03:36:10 by HorizonGirl
Planning A Trip To India - Help Please! posted Wed Feb 15 2006 21:01:54 by Iluv747400