Beaucaire From Syria, joined Sep 2003, 5252 posts, RR: 23 Posted (7 years 1 month 3 weeks 1 day 23 hours ago) and read 6160 times:
We've had polls like this before,but as year 2008 is comming to an end,I'd like to name my top six candidates -not neccessarily in the right order- but valid for this year.
Criteria for me is not sheet size but difficulty to renovate and maintain an airline in a difficult environment.
- Tony Fernandez ( Air Asia )
- Temel Kotil ( Turkish Airlines )
- Christoph Franz ( Swiss )
- Wolfgang Mayrhuber ( Lufthansa ) -ex aequo with Cyril Spinetta ( Air France
- Michael O Leary ( Ryanair ) ( one has not to like the man-but he's good in what he does )
- Richard Anderson (Delta Airlines )
He's done a great job in turning LX around (in cooperation with Mayrhuber) and he understands to maintain a close relation to the airline's employees, like his frequent "hello Swiss" mails explaining the current situation of the company, any changes that might came up etc. or his frequent appearance on LX parties.
I also like the fact that he, despite being a renowned CEO, has apparently stayed the person he is, always with a smile on his face and with an open ear for the employees and instead of driving an expensive Mercedes limousine, he drives a mini-bus to accommodate his 5 (iirc) kids. (I've never met him, but that's what I heard from people who have)