747400sp From United States of America, joined Aug 2003, 3847 posts, RR: 2 Posted (6 years 1 month 4 weeks 13 hours ago) and read 7502 times:
What are four airlines which are in service, that you would love to fly, and why?
QF: Reason why: I grow liking this airline, I like it's flying Kangaroo theme, also this airline has a great fleet, and finally, any airline bold enough to take Pan Am old theme, must have a little something to them.
VS: Reason why: I feel this is the international airline of my generation, I love the way their cabin look and I like their fleet mixer of 744s and A346s.
EK: Reason why: I feel this airline is state of the art, I liked Dubai when I was their, so why not like their airline, and I like the fact that they will have a giant A380 fleet.
FL: Reason why: Some people I know, flew on them, and I just curious.
ACDC8 From Canada, joined Mar 2005, 7711 posts, RR: 35
Reply 2, posted (6 years 1 month 4 weeks 8 hours ago) and read 7472 times:
My most regularly flown route is YVR-DUS so currently BA is my first choice via LHR. The 20:45 departure time from YVR is hard to beat. Not only does the late departure let me sleep in, but it also puts me into DUS around 18:30, so just a quick bite to eat and its off to bed at a normal hour. Service has always been quite good, and now that I have finally found a comfortable Y seat on the 744 its works out very well for me.
Other than that, I'd love to try CX and QF. CX has always had a strong presence in YVR, so I've always had a fascination with them. QF just seems like one of those classic airlines that everyone should fly on at least once in their lives.
ElBandGeek From United States of America, joined Jun 2008, 761 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (6 years 1 month 4 weeks 5 hours ago) and read 7453 times:
CO: One of only 2 of the legacies (the other being US, and I think I'll pass) I haven't been on and I only hear good things about them here
PD: First of all they're new at MDW and that's enough motivation for me. On top of that, its a cool concept for an airline, nice new Q400s that I've heard very good things about, free booze (a real plus given how I'm of age by Canadian standards but not American), and the fact that I've never really needed an excuse to go to Canada before....they just make it more convenient.
QF: Moreso out of a desire to visit Australia than anything else, but I also know they have a great reputation
JL: Again, really more of a desire to visit Japan. I know I could go with NH too, but after the trip to Australia I might as well keep on raking in those OW miles and cash in on AA later
EDICHC From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (6 years 1 month 4 weeks 4 hours ago) and read 7448 times:
SQ Absolute #1 for me. They just seem to do things just that bit better than anyone else. Great service, IFE, food plus the undeniable bonus of those Singapore Girls!
CX Almost as good as SQ...but not quite.
EK Has to have the best a/c interiors I have ever seen.
Cebu Pacific..This might seem a strange one, but I'm not always flying long haul. And for a loco short haul carrier they at least introduce a bit of fun when flying. Their fleet is relatively new and they offer great value for money. I'm also a bit biased because they fly me to Tagbilaran and within a taxi ride of my favourite beach holiday destination.
CXfirst From Norway, joined Jan 2007, 3107 posts, RR: 1
Reply 6, posted (6 years 1 month 4 weeks 4 hours ago) and read 7446 times:
Top 4 that I would like to fly, but haven't flown before:
1. Etihad - Heard some good stories about them (and the only real occasion I'll get to fly them is if they start a service to Perth, AUS)
2. V Australia - Love Virgin Blue domestically, and I think it will be a good change from QF.
3. Virgin Atlantic - Like their style.
4. Qatar - Similar reason to EY
Top 4 airlines that I have flown with:
1. Singapore Airlines - Always good service, and their new products are amazing.
2. Cathay Pacific - Similar to Singapore Airlines, but has been harder to use since we moved to Perth (most of our travel is to Europe, and HKG is a bit of an expensive detour and due to scheduling, SQ, EK, etc. are always better).
3. Emirates - Always had good experiences with them.
4. Virgin Blue - Although only domestic, it is my first choice (given the right price).
Sebjacques92 From United Kingdom, joined Jun 2007, 138 posts, RR: 0
Reply 12, posted (6 years 1 month 3 weeks 6 days 19 hours ago) and read 7378 times:
1) Singapore Airlines - (Long Haul) - Is known as one of the best airlines in the world!!
2) Ethiad Airways - (Long Haul) - Is known for luxury and is one of the best!
3) Air Berlin - (Short Haul) - Not sure why they just seem like a really good airline.
4) Virgin America - (Coast to coast) - Product looks amazing!
I wouldn't mind flying a few russian airlines to get on some russian machines, but the list above is my priority!!
BTVB6Flyer From United States of America, joined Oct 2008, 225 posts, RR: 0
Reply 13, posted (6 years 1 month 3 weeks 6 days 16 hours ago) and read 7365 times:
My list is something like this:
1) Northwest Airlines (NW) - I would like to try them before they become part of DL.
2) Virgin America (VX) - Of the picture I have seen of their cabin, it looks like it would be an amazing experience.
3) Emirates (EK) - This for mainly one reason the A380, and also I have heard their product is superior.
4) AirTran Airways (FL) - Them just out of curiosity and they fly to BTV.
Also through Frontier (F9) into the mix because I like their paint schemes and they are on the brink of going under.
NWADC9 From United States of America, joined May 2004, 4899 posts, RR: 9
Reply 19, posted (6 years 1 month 2 weeks 4 days 16 hours ago) and read 6982 times:
Virgin Atlantic - Seems to be a more hip airline.
Virgin America - Same reason
Eastar Jet - New Korean airline, flies 737-600s which I haven't been on and are hard to find here in the States (gotta go visit them mapleheads up north)
Aeroflot - Only in a Soviet plane
Flying an aeroplane with only a single propeller to keep you in the air. Can you imagine that? -Capt. Picard