Sponsor Message:
Travel Polls & Prefs Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
Lost ID Air Travel  
User currently offlineVictrola From United States of America, joined Apr 2008, 783 posts, RR: 3
Posted (7 years 4 months 3 days 5 hours ago) and read 10032 times:

Well, I've really done it this time. I just left my wallet in a taxi. So I am without ID. I'm sure I'm not the first person this has happened to. So is it possible to get on a flight without a photo ID?

3 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineLHR777 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 1, posted (7 years 4 months 3 days 3 hours ago) and read 9987 times:

Assuming you're in the USA, this may (or may not) help you -

Effective June 21, 2008, adult passengers (18 and over) are required to show a U.S. federal or state-issued photo ID that contains the following: name, date of birth, gender, expiration date and a tamper-resistant feature in order to be allowed to go through the checkpoint and onto their flight.

Passengers who do not or cannot present an acceptable ID will have to provide information to the Transportation Security Officer performing Travel Document Checking duties in order to verify their identity. Passengers who are cleared through this process may be subject to additional screening. Passengers whose identity cannot be verified by TSA may not be allowed to go through the checkpoint or onto an airplane.

Acceptable IDs include:

Acceptable Documents

U.S. passport
U.S. passport card
DHS "Trusted Traveler" cards (NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST)
U.S. Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents)
Permanent Resident Card
Border Crossing Card
DHS-designated enhanced driver's license
Drivers Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent) that meets REAL ID benchmarks (All states are currently in compliance)
A Native American Tribal Photo ID
An airline or airport-issued ID (if issued under a TSA-approved security plan)
A foreign government-issued passport
Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card
Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC)

Read more here - http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/acceptable_documents.shtm

User currently offlineMAH4546 From Sweden, joined Jan 2001, 34612 posts, RR: 70
Reply 2, posted (7 years 4 months 3 days 3 hours ago) and read 9983 times:

You're fine, but you will undergo extra screening.

User currently offlineTheGMan From United States of America, joined Nov 2008, 853 posts, RR: 0
Reply 3, posted (7 years 4 months 2 days 11 hours ago) and read 9886 times:

Everything of yours will be checked, but they will allow it, as long as you are just going domestically.

Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
Air Travel For Dummies. Habits We Hate Or Love posted Fri Aug 24 2007 08:23:01 by Ayubogg
Survey - UK And Overseas Students Air Travel posted Tue Nov 1 2005 23:23:10 by BAtriple7
Best Novel About Air Travel posted Mon Jul 26 2004 22:00:02 by LImamura
How Many Here Do Not Like Air Travel Anymore posted Sun Jul 18 2004 09:16:00 by Airmale
Is Air Travel A Luxury Or Necessity? posted Mon Jun 21 2004 18:40:21 by Petazulu
How Will We Travel By Air Year 2100? posted Tue Dec 5 2006 23:33:39 by Bofredrik
Weirdest Ways To Travel By Air posted Sat Jun 11 2005 23:37:06 by 9A-CRO
Flying AF (Brit Air) In Two Weeks ; Questions posted Tue Nov 11 2008 05:17:16 by SNATH
Tower Air Question? posted Mon Nov 3 2008 21:05:08 by FlyDeltaJets
Wings Air (Athens To ATL) posted Fri Oct 31 2008 12:56:01 by MCOtoATL