Now I have a whole bunch of questions, many of which are not really answered on their web site. Or maybe some facts are lost in the translation from Norwegian. I'd be very interested in hearing other traveler's opinions who have done this in the past. There must be several here on A.net who have done it, I believe it is currently (after the JetBlue thing) the only offer that lets you fly at a flat rate.
Now here are my questions:
1) They say "You can fly as much as you want, but the same distance can only be flown twice except for online transfer". Does that mean twice in each direction, or once in each direction? Online transfer, does that mean I can fly A-B-C witout getting out of the airplane at B, and it only counts as A-C, meaning I can still do A-B and later B-C, twice each?
2) How about luggage? Of course it would be best to carry hand luggage only, but carrying around a tent, would that be too much for the cabin? Is checked luggage included?
3) They say "The first flight cannot be changed. For all the other flights of your trip, you can cancel and make new reservations untill the day before the actual flight departure."
Does that mean I could only book the first flight, and nothing else, and then book each day's travel one day in advance, so I can decide where I want to go then instead of now? Would the only disadvantage be that the flight might be full?
4) When I have a reservation, is it as good as a paid ticket or is it more like standby, so I will not fly if the flight is full?
5) Has anybody ever worked out a super tight itinerary with as many flights as possible in 14 days? I mean it sounds tempting now, but after a couple of days I would probably prefer to spend less time flying and more time exploring the country
6) Is it safe to fly so many times on Dash 8's in Scandinavia, or am I pushing my luck here?
JRadier From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (5 years 8 months 1 week 1 day 11 hours ago) and read 6170 times:
Damn you, I'm planning the same for the summer!
1) is indeed as you describe it (checked it last year with them)
3) No, it means that you can't change the first and the last flight. The other flight you can book when you want and change a million times if you would like to.
4)IIRC it is confirmed travel
5) Not yet, but that is the plan for next summer.
What I'm planning is to do all domestic airports in Norway Wideroe serves, and sleeping in hostels where possible.....
DYflyer From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 3, posted (5 years 8 months 1 week 18 hours ago) and read 6116 times:
Something i have been dreaming about doing myself
Quoting Birdwatching (Thread starter): 2) How about luggage? Of course it would be best to carry hand luggage only, but carrying around a tent, would that be too much for the cabin? Is checked luggage included?
Luggage is included at WF. And i think a tent would be a bit to much for the cabin. It is not so much room for luggage onboard.
Quoting Birdwatching (Thread starter): 6) Is it safe to fly so many times on Dash 8's in Scandinavia, or am I pushing my luck here? Smile
Yep. Perfectly safe. It was SAS who had so much problems with the Dash. With Wideroe they have worked well. Also the problems was with the Q400, while i think most of your flights will be on -100s