Quokka From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 5, posted (4 years 1 month 4 days 14 hours ago) and read 4518 times:
How does one measure favourite? There are pluses and minuses for each airline. Some are not all that efficient but very friendly. Some are very efficient but a bit distant. Some have good schedules and connectivity and others are a bit more demanding. But, here is my list:
In fifth place: BA
and the winner is ...SQ
travelavnut From Netherlands, joined May 2010, 1771 posts, RR: 7
Reply 7, posted (4 years 1 month 4 days 13 hours ago) and read 4502 times:
The OP didn't specify this had to be airlines you actually flew on. So I'm using more than one metric in my list
This list would be;
1. SQ - Every flight (only 6 I'm afraid) has been a Business Class experience in a Economy Class seat
2. KLM - Well, I'm Dutch, what can I say
3 EK - I love their aggressive attitude towards expanding, love their fleet and livery, hate the interior though.
4. Virgin - Never flew them, but I like their branding very very much.
5. LH - Organised, diverse, German, profitable. Let's call it a love-hate relationship
95353897321874. Alitalia - My worst flights ever going into and out of CCS. Both legs they lost our luggage, extremely rude FA's and their 767 looked like my room during college
No ! ... As I am working for AF, that would be too obvious ...
I think AF is a good airline, certainly not the best, but generally better than many people think or say, especially here on A. Net
I must confess I am a big fan of B.A ...
And I don't like Asian, nor Middle Eastern carriers.
KingFriday013 From United States of America, joined May 2007, 1304 posts, RR: 10
Reply 10, posted (4 years 1 month 4 days 10 hours ago) and read 4461 times:
In order for me:
3) CO (well... when it was CO; I haven't flown them since 2008 but they were nice back then)
4) AA (I guess)
I don't know... I definitely liked CO. I forgot to mention I flew Continental Connection operated by Colgan back in 2009 (three days before CO left Skyteam) and I was impressed with them then too.
Other than that, I've only been on other airlines only a couple of times. I've only been on AA for four flights; back in 2002 I flew LHR-JFK on them and it was great, then in 2008 LGA-ATL and it was decent... they're only on the list because they're my oneworld airline. But otherwise I usually only take Delta or US. HA was nice on the inter-island flights, for what it's worth.
Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you, By the livin' Gawd that made you, You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
JetBlue777 From United States of America, joined Jul 2009, 1497 posts, RR: 1
Reply 12, posted (4 years 1 month 4 days 7 hours ago) and read 4432 times:
Since I do a lot of US Domestic travel, most of my favorite carriers are US Carriers.
1. Asiana (OZ) Best Crew in the air, service both ground and in-flight is beyond excellent, great in-flight meals, etc.
2. Delta Air Lines (DL) A very recent favorite of mine, if you compare DL to other US Carriers, they're among the top.
3. Virgin America (VX) Cool, hip, modern and flashy.
4. JetBlue (B6) Legroom is excellent, seats comfortable, great crew, IFE, JFK-Based
5. Philippine Airlines (PR) Grew up with this airline so I have a lot of memories with them
Speedbird741 From Portugal, joined Aug 2008, 654 posts, RR: 0
Reply 14, posted (4 years 1 month 4 days 5 hours ago) and read 4420 times:
1. TAP Portugal - I'm Portuguese and it IS a great airline.
2. TAAG - I'm Angolan and well, let us just say it is a 'fun' airline.
3. British Airways - The equilibrium state to which airlines tend
4. South African Airways - Great crews and great aircraft flying the great African skies.
5. Lufthansa - Clean, simple, and structured airline. I believe LH have the BEST cabin crew members around.
Although I have never flown with Etihad and Qantas, I have a 'thing' for those airlines.
Boa noite Faro, Air Portugal 257 climbing flight level 340
VZLA787 From United States of America, joined Jul 2009, 99 posts, RR: 0
Reply 15, posted (4 years 1 month 2 days 2 hours ago) and read 4337 times:
Best Airlines I've flown (no specifics whether or not they are still flying)
VA - Viasa
VE - Avensa (International Service CCS-MIA and CCS-JFK before the VC era was spectacular)
CX - Even though the seats don't recline, the service and the IFE is excellent
AA - J class (international and domestic)