jonathanxxxx From United States of America, joined Feb 2011, 638 posts, RR: 1 Posted (1 year 10 months 4 weeks 1 hour ago) and read 2025 times:
My family and I planning a trip to Las Vegas on August 4- August 9. Our best option is DL through ATL. We were also considering WN (through wherever), and at a last resort AA (too expensive). We refuse to take Spirit mainly because of the duration of the flight and the little entertainment. Now is WN similar? We have never taken them before but we've heard good reviews. We plan on DL mainly because we have SkyMiles with them. Also we are equal distance from MIA & FLL so either one works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
PI4EVER From United States of America, joined May 2009, 599 posts, RR: 2 Reply 2, posted (1 year 10 months 3 weeks 6 days 18 hours ago) and read 1981 times:
Consider WN from FLL based on:
1. Good overall service expectation even considering no entertainment options. Certainly not in the same league as NK.
2. Free baggage,
3. Same airport location convenience....FLL v/s MIA,
4. Price-wise comparable to DL?
5. Schedule-wise comparable to DL?
Consider DL from FLL or MIA based on:
1. Good overall service expectation and desire for any particular type aircraft type...i.e. 757, MD80, 767 available on the various schedule options,
2. Potential entertainment options available depending on aircraft type,
3. Continuing to build SkyMiles accrual...something to consider for mileage earned roundtrip to LAS,
4. Factor in bag fees if you do not hold a Gold AMEX card,
5. Schedule-wise and fare-wise comparable or better than WN?
You've already ruled out AA due to expense and NK for service reputation.
You really can't go wrong with either DL or WN.
P.S. Did you price FL? Might take a look at their fares but factor in bag and seat selection fees. Good service otherwise as well.
jonathanxxxx From United States of America, joined Feb 2011, 638 posts, RR: 1 Reply 3, posted (1 year 10 months 3 weeks 6 days 14 hours ago) and read 1957 times:
Its just that the AA non-stop is just too expensive. I mean once you add baggage fees and then multiply it by 4 its just too much. Although we are difenetely putting schedule in as a factor. Our first draft for the trip would be:
PI4EVER From United States of America, joined May 2009, 599 posts, RR: 2 Reply 4, posted (1 year 10 months 3 weeks 6 days 13 hours ago) and read 1949 times:
You can fly nonstop on WN from FLL for a less fare.....$1717.00 and change than DL from MIA with a connection. Sked on WN is great....early morning nonstop FLL-LAS and late afternoon LAS-FLL return to avoid that redeye....like what are doing after you check-out of your hotel until 2300?
Again, balance the advantage of accruing SkyMiles and if you'd have to pay DL's bag fee.....otherwise, the best sked and fare is on LUV.