Mrniji From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (9 years 2 months 3 weeks 6 days 4 hours ago) and read 1930 times:
a friend of mine needs urgently a flight from Germany (preferably TXL) to India (preferably HYD; BOM or BLR would do it in worst case, too). His limit is EUR 850. The only dates for dep are 16/17/18 December, and return on 02/03 January 2005.
- We found some flights with expedia.de , though for some reason not bookable (LH/AI Codeshare EUR 790 incl) - and call center horrible and incapable.
- We found flights in the AI online booking.. booking to HYD from FRA is available, but only the 4th... on 3rd, the leg HYD-BOM is not available, but BOM-FRA [an earlier HYD-BOM flight is available, but can't be booked in conjuncture with the intercontinental leg). On 2nd, HYD-BOM is available, but not BOM-FRA. only booking the leg BOM-FRA is cheaper, but also complicated...
- Our only hope is either to solve the AI online booking problem with calling them, or calling an ethnic agent...
Does anyone have any advice (waitlisting??)? If someone feels like looking up the dates and can make up a good deal, we would be very grateful
FLY2LIM From United States of America, joined May 2004, 1183 posts, RR: 10 Reply 3, posted (9 years 2 months 3 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 1859 times:
Not to sound like I'm inconsiderate, but you state that your friend "urgently" needs to fly to India during the Christmas/New Year season. We are in late September, what is the urgency? And if it's so urgent, why does he have limit of only 850 Euros? I don't want to sound insensitive, but I don't think that the word "urgent" is being used appropriately.
Now, to answer your question, why don't you call the airlines directly? When you go to Expedia, you are dealing with the negotiated spaces they have for those dates. The times you mention are very high season, especially since New Year's eve falls on a Friday, making January 3 the first Monday back for many people around the world. This may not be your cultural, religious, or personal holiday time, but it is for a significant number of travelers worldwide. So, Expedia and other sites like that won't have a good number of seats available. Whereas, the airlines often hold seats and also clear seats that are reserved but not purchased by a certain date.
I hope this helps.
Mrniji From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 4, posted (9 years 2 months 3 weeks 6 days 1 hour ago) and read 1775 times:
We are in late September, what is the urgency? And if it's so urgent, why does he have limit of only 850 Euros? I don't want to sound insensitive, but I don't think that the word "urgent" is being used appropriately.
You are completely right.. we were talking in German, and I literally translated his request. I meant that he will definitely have to go by that time, for personal reasons, as he got to know today. And tickets are, as you correctly say, available with difficulties. The price limit is due to his limited budget..
Behram, I checked EK even before. I was told by someone else that EKs DXB-HYD flights are almost always full.. and indeed, their Full Fare Economy class tickets beat the business class fares of other airlines. We will try now some ethnic agents and some agents who still have the 'waitlisting' service... anyways, we are thankful for any other advice.. Thanks for your help so far, appreciate!
Behramjee From Canada, joined Aug 2003, 4663 posts, RR: 43 Reply 5, posted (9 years 2 months 3 weeks 6 days ago) and read 1760 times:
Mrniji please try this :
SRI LANKAN AIRLINES...they have 3 weekly flights to FRA on days 3-5-7 and CMB-HYD on Days 1-2-6...fly A 332s to CMB and A 320s to HYD...their A 332s are vvv good and overall are considered better than EK-GF-LH to India.
UL should have seats available hopefully for u...they fly to BLR and HYD. UL have tvs in every seat on their A 332s and A 343s.
FLY2LIM From United States of America, joined May 2004, 1183 posts, RR: 10 Reply 6, posted (9 years 2 months 3 weeks 6 days ago) and read 1734 times:
Thanks for the clarification. As a native speaker of Spanish in the US, I can understand how one word/phrase gets translated differently into another language.
Best of luck to your friend. Call the airlines directly and see what they are offering. Have your friend call DAILY. As I said, airlines get cancellations and things open up.