SRQKEF From Iceland, joined Jun 2011, 1008 posts, RR: 1 Posted (3 years 6 months 3 weeks 3 days 2 hours ago) and read 10263 times:
Simple question: What are your 5 favorite airlines / aircraft / airports?
2. Air Canada
3. Thai International Airways
4. jetBlue Airways
1. Boeing 777-300ER / Boeing 777-200LR (tie)
2. Embraer ERJ-190
3. Boeing 757-300
4. Airbus A380-800 (Ugly beast, but you just can't beat it comfort wise!)
5. Boeing 767-300ER
1. Keflavik International Airport, IS (KEF)
2. Sarasota Bradenton Airport, FL (SRQ)
3. Tampa Bay International Airport, FL (TPA)
4. Tokyo Narita International Airport, JP (NRT)
5. London Heathrow International Airport, UK (LHR)
Nothing compares to taking off in an empty 757 with full thrust!
1. Singapore Changi Airport
2. Sydney Kingsford-Smith Airport
3. Auckland Airport
4. Tokyo Narita International Airport
5. Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport
Note: Based on scheduled travel, I fully expect these lists to include Korean Air, the A380-800, Seoul Incheon International Airport, and Hong Kong International Airport (Chek Lap Kok) by the end of the year.
CXB77L From Australia, joined Feb 2009, 2787 posts, RR: 3
Reply 10, posted (3 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 17 hours ago) and read 10147 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW CHAT OPERATOR
Assuming I'm only picking from what I have actually flown on, rather than what I would like to fly on, then the only difference to my answers posted above would be:
1. Boeing 777-212ER (SQ)
2. Boeing 747-475 (NZ)
3. Boeing 777-367ER (CX)
4. Airbus A330-343X (CX)
5. Airbus A330-243 (DJ)
I have to be specific because I believe that passenger comfort is dependent on airline configuration more so than the aircraft type, and to date, the most comfortable I remember being on an economy class seat on a plane was when I flew on SQ's 777-200ER back in 2001. NZ's 34" pitch on the 744 comes a very, very close second, and CX's 77W with the non-reclining seats came third (and the A333 with the same seats came fourth as the seat on the A333 felt marginally narrower than that on the 77W, and there is more head room on board the 777 than on the A330). It may only have had 32" seat pitch, but the fact that there is no recline means that I get to keep my leg room as it is should I so choose. I flew on DJ's brand new A332 recently, and I was very impressed by the level of comfort offered by their new economy seats.
kann123air From United States of America, joined Jun 2009, 1474 posts, RR: 4
Reply 14, posted (3 years 6 months 3 weeks 2 days 1 hour ago) and read 10030 times:
1. Singapore Airlines
2. Etihad Airways
3. British Airways
4. American Airlines
5. Jet Airways
1. Airbus A380--as SRQKEF said, ugly outside, unbelievably comfortable inside (especially on the Upper Deck)!!
2. Boeing 777-300ER--first time was on EY a few days ago.
3. Boeing 777-200ER
4. Airbus A340-300
5. Boeing 757-200
5. FSM :-P my awesome home airport.
Now more than ever, moving forward with the new American.
jetBlue777 From United States of America, joined Jul 2009, 1590 posts, RR: 1
Reply 21, posted (3 years 6 months 3 weeks 1 day 1 hour ago) and read 9884 times:
1. Asiana Airlines
2. United Airlines
3. Etihad Airways
4. Philippine Airlines
5. Delta Air Lines
1. Boeing 777-300ER (and -200)
2. Boeing 747-400
3. Airbus A340-500
4. Boeing 757-200
5. Airbus A320
1. Seoul-Incheon (ICN)
2. San Francisco (SFO)
3. New York-JFK and New York-LGA (Home Airports)
4. Manila Ninoy Aquino (MNL) (Facility and service-wise, one of the worst but I have some good memories)
5. Burlington, Vermont (BTV)
Going to fly on SQ's A380 and connect in SIN in a few days, so the list might change