Ozglobal From France, joined Nov 2004, 2711 posts, RR: 4 Posted (9 years 8 months 2 weeks 4 days 3 hours ago) and read 3818 times:
Turning over a new leaf after generating such a torrent of carpet-biting, incendiary fury with the "Gates of Hell" question, here are my top 10 travel "Tastes of Heaven":
1) Arriving fresh as a daisy in Australia or Europe after 28 hours travel, thanks to a last minute upgrade to F with a fully flat bed and the influence of Melatonin.
2)"The Wing" and "The Pier" first class areas, Chep Lap Kok, HKG (can't explain)
3) Unexpected upgrade from J to F on long haul, overnight CX
4) QF First anytime
5) FA's who love their job, have time and make sure you have a great trip
6) AF service and food when it's "on"; the rest of the time it belongs on the other thread....
7) A welcoming and courteous US immigration official when, against all hope, you find one
8) For an airport, Chep Lap Kok, HKG, anytime
9) QF international lounges (even the domestic ones are good)
10) The Heathrow Express train (compared to everything else associated with LHR)
What are YOURS??
When all's said and done, there'll be more said than done.
CVG777 From United States of America, joined May 2000, 1251 posts, RR: 6
Reply 2, posted (9 years 8 months 2 weeks 4 days 2 hours ago) and read 3746 times:
No particular order, except the last one....thats number 1.
Variety in Service
-Lots of choices equals lots of satisfaction.
Nonstop Atlanta to/from Key West on DL CRJ700
-Takes off at least three hours as compared to stopping in Orlando.
Free Access to Delta Crown Room club
-Thanks Dad for being a AMEX Platinum card holder.
An Airport at Night
-All the taxiway and runway colors and lights, and at a busy airport, all the bright strobe lights of aircraft in the surrounding airspace blinking against the night sky.
-Thank you to the gate agents who actually do update the passengers every 15 minutes about the staus of their flights. And thanks to the pilots who come on after takeoff and update everyone on the flights progression - especially those who play the role of sightseeing guide.
-Its so much fun
-Everybody loves a pilot or Flight Attendant who can make jokes while still maintaining a serious and professional attitude.
Orlando International Airport
Ft. Lauderdale International Airport
-It's not Miami
Early morning in an Airport
-The little eateries and shops are just opening up and the smells of fresh baked breads and coffee grace the air. On the faces of people is anticipation of a day of travel to see family, to an awesome vacation, or to close that all-important business deal. Little kids (and A.net members) press their faces against the glass and squint trying to get a glimpse of the plane thats about to take them skyward. The thunderous sound and awe inspiring sight of another aircraft as it climbs towards the slowly brightening sky instills a feeling of excitement, and you think to yourself, "I'm flying today!"
Ltbewr From United States of America, joined Jan 2004, 13040 posts, RR: 12
Reply 5, posted (9 years 8 months 2 weeks 4 days 1 hour ago) and read 3683 times:
10) No crying babies or lots of kiddies on your flight
9) Less than 60% of the seats are taken so plenty of room to move around
8) Especially on narrowbodies, no one sitting in your row, so you can take a
window seat or aisle seat as you prefer.
7) Flight leaves on time - arrives as scheduled or a little ahead
6) Plenty of free beverages, with many choices and decent food
5) Good professional, friendly f/a's and have a chance to talk with them
4) No or little turbulance on your flight
3) Decent IFE, maybe a movie you wanted to see or is entertaining
3) Your bag is at the baggage claim just as you arrive or shortly thereafter
2) No long waits at check-in, security, gate or customs/immigration
1) Don't get the 3rd degree search by TSA agents
JGPH1A From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (9 years 8 months 2 weeks 3 days 16 hours ago) and read 3575 times:
1. An upgrade, any time any place anywhere.
2. An window on one side and an empty seat on the other.
3. Internet and Self-Service Check-in
4. First in line at Immigration
5. Travelling with hand-luggage only
6. CDG 2F - marvellous
7. Concorde - the world's fastest 5 course lunch (with Sevruga caviare mmm)
8. Landing at Bora Bora - that IS Heaven
9. Any flight on an Islander or amphibious aircraft
10. Having a whole GDS to play with for booking my trips !