Canadi>nBoy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (9 years 5 months 2 weeks 3 days 22 hours ago) and read 3699 times:
Our firm has a corporate group travelling to Montego Bay April 17. We have contracted Air Canada for 80% of the pax - due to load factors, the remaining 20% have been placed with Air Jamaica (YYZ-KIN-MBJ).
I have flown many carriers, but not AJ. I've already received feedback from some people from within the industry, but we thought we would go 'outside' and see if anyone has flown Air Jamaica recently (past 2 years or so). If you have, what was your flight experience with this carrier?
Jm017 From Jamaica, joined Jun 2002, 1227 posts, RR: 1
Reply 3, posted (9 years 5 months 2 weeks 3 days 11 hours ago) and read 3656 times:
I have flown them quite frequently. Most recently last July from JFK-KIN. As with all airlines, they have good days and bad days. They are usually on time (and much improved over the grim eighties), but thanks to some ridiculous requirement of the FAA, their schedule has been severely disrupted (in short, the FAA is requiring that routine maintenance normally done every 18 months be done every 15 months). I am not sure if things are back to normal yet.
Generally, though, they are pretty good. The staff are very courteous and professional, generally. Meals tend to be hit or miss. I am not too fond of the breakfast they serve travelling southbound, but the last breakfast I had in July was pretty good. Dinners are usually quite good. It's airline food, so realise that your expectations should be lowered. If you are flying JM from YYZ to MBJ, this means you are changing in KIN, which is actually not bad (and better than changing in MBJ). It is much improved over years past. I think your biggest worry will be the flight arriving on-time. Not to worry, though. If you miss your connection due to late departure of your flight, they will reaccommodate you on another flight; there are frequent flights between KIN and MBJ.
"It's okay to cheat, if you just really don't like to lose."
Canadi>nBoy From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 6, posted (9 years 5 months 2 weeks 1 day 18 hours ago) and read 3631 times:
Thanks for your feedback, guys....even you, Lucky.
Due to a temporary staff shortage at my firm, I have today volunteered to fly JM YYZ-KIN-MBJ with this group (55 pax) on April 2 - overnighting in MBJ at the resort we contracted, then flying MBJ-YYZ on AC Sunday April 3! Hey! It will be like an 24 hr layover from my old WG days.
PHXinterrupted From United States of America, joined Apr 2002, 474 posts, RR: 0
Reply 7, posted (9 years 5 months 1 week 6 days 16 hours ago) and read 3601 times:
I've flown them a couple of times from LAX and PAX to MBJ and I can't say that I would recommend them. I found their flight attendants to be less than pleasant. And God forbid, if you're sleeping and they can't see your seatbelt, they have no qualms about shaking you up (literally).