Paul From United Kingdom, joined Feb 2005, 374 posts, RR: 3
Reply 1, posted (8 years 11 months 3 days 3 hours ago) and read 3160 times:
Well, why not have the base of the airport as the Business Capital of the world- London. That would make sense because all major European countries have travel times at less than an hour and a half.
- 1. (FRANKFURT) because:huge business route
- 2. (PARIS) because: tourists and big business route
- 3. (Madrid) because:good business route, connects Spain to London for long haul airlines and also lots of tourists fly that route to get to pother parts of spain.
- 4. (Munich) because:wealthy city and reasonable business route
- 5. (Rome) because:big tourists venue, some element of business route
- 6. (Malaga) because:millions of tourist flock to the south of Spain from england every year. Malaga is has a big airport compared to the numbers of travellers that actually visit Malaga. Very rich people have houses in Marbella, Puerta Banus and Sotogrande, these are all parts of southern Spain short drive from Malaga airport
- 7. (Milan) because:wealthy city, tourist trap and good business route
- 8. (Stockholm) because:Good business route and good tourist destination
- 9. (Amsterdam) because:good business and tourist route
- 10. (Vienna) because; good business route and tourist city, expensive city so travellers have must have money- fill business class.
Rdwootty From United Kingdom, joined Sep 2005, 905 posts, RR: 2
Reply 2, posted (8 years 11 months 3 days 3 hours ago) and read 3158 times:
Nottingham East midlands
because BMI cant decide of it is a LCC or what!
Also low landing fees and a good area to get your customers from.
pitched right you would get passengers from birmingham/Nottingham/Leicester/Sheffield/Stoke on Trent/Milton keynes(maybe) Northampton and so on.
A. Paris link with Disney for extras midweek sales This could also run weekends.
B.Amsterdam again could run weekends.
C.Glasgow ( lots of people in Corby have relations there!)
D.Exeter ( it is a long way in the car)
E.Jersey both midweek and weekend plenty of holiday travellers and business men
G.Dusseldorf busy in week but not weekend
H Vienna or Bratislava ( near Vienna and cheaper to fly and land at)
I.Rome/Pisa perhaps a double drop
J.Barcelona busy weekdays and weekends
For the weekend traffic you would need to subcharter to a tour operator who would sell the aircraft. I suggest Kosmar as it is a greek operator( I mean flies to greece) and likes to operate weekend flights throughout the summer.
Corfu/Mykanos/Heraklion/Chania/Rhodes/Athens/Zante/ and variuos other islands. The operation could be based on a W formation with other UK airports and would keep you busy in the summer. For the off season then Nov/Dec flights to Finland to see Santa also maybe link up with a cruise operator for fligths to the MED for their cruise ships.
Jan/Feb maybe an " Aircruise" trip with the same crew and stops around the Med and canaries for a couple of weeks.
RoseFlyer From United States of America, joined Feb 2004, 9836 posts, RR: 52
Reply 4, posted (8 years 11 months 3 days 3 hours ago) and read 3156 times:
Home Airport: London Heathrow because it is one of the highest yielding airports and is one that has limited low cost competition.
- 1. Paris because although it is close, it still has business traffic
- 2. Frankfurt because it is a European commerce capital
- 3. Amsterdam because it is one of the biggest aviation markets in Europe
- 4. Milan because it is a key city in Italy and the fashion capital
- 5. Zurich because it is an important business center
- 6. Munich because it is a large business center and second largest German market
- 7. Manchester because there is a lot of travel between the cities
- 8. Dublin because even though there is a lot of competition with LCCs, it is a big market
- 9. Copenhagen because it is the biggest airport in Scandinavia
- 10. Dusseldorf because it is a big business center
This would be pretty ideal. BMI kind of what is similar to this "new" airline. One of the biggest problems that face BMI and this "new" airline is that there are no long haul connections. Regional European routes are difficult to make profits on since extreme low cost carriers have eroded yields. Economy has to be cheap. Even if an airline is full service, it still will struggle to get passengers to pay the premium over the low cost carriers.
Long haul flights are where money is earned. LHR is expensive to operate out of, but is an airport that has little low cost competition. This airline would need way too much capital to get started in reality. The slots at London Heathrow would be very difficult to get and the only way that many slots could be attained would be if the new airline bought out BMI for example. But this is totally theoretical.
If you have never designed an airplane part before, let the real designers do the work!
Checo77 From Peru, joined Oct 2004, 1345 posts, RR: 8
Reply 5, posted (8 years 11 months 3 days 2 hours ago) and read 3146 times:
Home Airport: Prague Ruzyne- city in the middle of Europe, Czech Republic has been the destination of many important investments in Europe. Prague is to became a financial metropolis of equal importante of Paris or London in a few years. Also, Prague is heavily visited by tourists, thanks to still cheap prices and great sight-seeing
1). Frankfurt: important European bussines city, Germany also has the tighest bussines and economic relations with Czech Republic
2). Vienna: the most important city of one of the most important European economic powers
3). Paris: important bussines city in Europe
4). London: Best would be to fly to London City, close to important places in London as well as bussines centers and historiacal places
5). Amsterdam: Important European city, important airport with significant connections to the world
6). Brussels- the head of the European Union, important place when every bussinesman needs to go
7). Copenhagen: Important city, capital of one of the strongest Scandinavian countries
8). Zurich: very important bussines city, home to many companies and banks that influence the world every day
9). Milan: more important bussines city than Rome, close to the Alps, thus great for tourist as well as bussinesman
10). Dublin: one of the fastest growing cities of one of the fastest growing countries in Europe. Each day, Dublin is a more important bussines center
Mexicana757 From United States of America, joined Apr 2001, 3047 posts, RR: 28
Reply 6, posted (8 years 11 months 3 days ago) and read 3133 times:
Home Airport: Paris Orly, Paris is an important European city for both business and tourists. The airport would be less congested than CDG.
1. London: One of the most important cities to do business with around the world. Also its big on tourism. Airline would fly to LGW. Passengers can connect to long-hual flights.
2. Frankfurt: Another of Europes big cities to do business at. Passengers can connect to long-haul flights.
3. Madrid: Another important city for business and tourism. Passengers can connect to flight going to and from Latin America.
4. Copenhagen: Gateway city to other Scandinavian countries.
5. Barcelona: a business city, but not in a big scale as others, but always draws tourists and can also connect passengers to cruise ships.
6. Amsterdam: Important city in Europe. A tourist city. And Brussels and is just a short train ride away. Passengers can also connect to long-haul flights.
7. Milan Important business city in Italy. Passengers can also take trains to Venice and Turin.
8. Budapest City's business and tourism is growing since the country joined the EU in 2004.
9. Dublin Growing business city.
10. MunichThe second biggest city in Germany. Also important business city in Europe.
Andaman From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 7, posted (8 years 10 months 3 weeks 2 days 23 hours ago) and read 3085 times:
I would place to base to more east, to Berlin, and get more connetions to the fast growing new states of EU.
Base: Berlin (Tegel)
1. Budabest.............New business and tourism
2. Prag....................New business and tourism
4. Brussels.............. The political capital of EU
6. Zagreb................Growing business city, Croatia will join EU in future
7. Warsaw...............Growing business city, large markets in future
9. Helsinki................The home of NOKIA, information technology center
10. Moscow..............Russian markets are growing fast