Chulalongkorn From United States of America, joined Aug 2005, 58 posts, RR: 0 Posted (7 years 3 weeks 3 days 7 hours ago) and read 1956 times:
Just booked this flight for this June. Economy. Never flown Cathay Pacific before and was wondering if anyone has taken this flight before. Do they give out amenity bags in economy? And do they have internet available?
"feast like a sultan I do... treasures of flesh never few" - MJK
Lufthansa747 From Philippines, joined exactly 14 years ago today! , 3174 posts, RR: 47 Reply 2, posted (7 years 3 weeks 1 day 19 hours ago) and read 1921 times:
- CX Y has amenity kits with socks and toothbrush set. Pretty nice pouch and a necklace that you can use for your keys or whatever later
- Seat pitch is "industry average" aka poor at 31"
- Don't choose a bulkhead seat - very narrow if you are on a 744 with the older IFE controls
- No AVOD in Y, only in F/J
- No hot towels
- Meals served in a small tray instead of the larger one, foil casseroles, plastic utensils vs. china and metal on TG/SQ etc
CX Y is very average in my opinion. Last time when I flew them FRA-HKG, there was no difference whatsoever from LH's poor Y product, not even drink rounds during the night on CX.
CX F and J are top notch, Y is IMHO a completely another story. But cattle class is cattle class, the differences between carriers are marginal at best.