TinkerBelle From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 2, posted (8 years 10 months 3 weeks 8 hours ago) and read 3085 times:
Well, I personally prefer PTV's because I get to what whatever I want, not the Jackie Chan movie playing on the big screen. I also get to check the map and other stuff on the PTV so for me, definitely PTV's. Now, EK's new 19 inch PTV's in business class are definately a plus.
Vtdl From United States of America, joined Jul 2004, 81 posts, RR: 0
Reply 6, posted (8 years 10 months 2 weeks 6 days 7 hours ago) and read 3035 times:
PTV, of course, by a long long mile. I have 2 young kids (8 and 11) and I had to stack pillows and blankets so they can get a glimpse of the large screen. I have considered paying more money for airlines that have PTV.
NZ107 From New Zealand, joined Jul 2005, 6595 posts, RR: 36
Reply 10, posted (8 years 10 months 2 weeks 6 days 2 hours ago) and read 3019 times:
Umm.. PTV. Definitely.
1. You don't have to worry about these tall people blocking your view
2. Light can kill the picture
3. Stuck to that thing and nothing else (I like the "Airshow", not shown very much on the big screen.. Only in between movies)
4. Quality IMO is better in a PTV.
5. Good PTVs have pausing abilities etc.
7. Head gets sore turning to the screen/have to look a long way (well depends on where you sit.. How about on the window of a 747 a couple rows back from the bulkhead?)
8. Other videos.
I would like to try SQ's vast array of things to do on the IFE..