LJ From Netherlands, joined Nov 1999, 4629 posts, RR: 0 Posted (12 years 4 months 4 weeks 1 day 15 hours ago) and read 3176 times:
I just received the news that KLM will adjust summer 2003 capacity on "some routes". Nothing yet on which routes will see an adjustment but certain that 1 B747-300 and two F50 will leave KLM. In addition KLM may withdraw another B747-300 and/or 1 F50 from service if necessary.
LJ From Netherlands, joined Nov 1999, 4629 posts, RR: 0
Reply 1, posted (12 years 4 months 4 weeks 1 day 14 hours ago) and read 3123 times:
The changes are:
- Shanghai + 2 weekly flights (together with China Southern)'
- Trondheim and Bern in KLM schedule (Bern operated by Air Alps);
- more flights to Almaty, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Frankfurt, Munich, Istanbul, Athens, Lisbon, Nice, Rome, Venice and Bologna
- less flights to London City, Cardiff, Humberside, Leeds/Bradford, Stuttgart, Amman, Damascus and Hannover;
- Abidjan remains suspended untill further notice;
- Sao Paulo one weekly flight less;
- Tel Aviv will be served with B737-800;
PW100 From Netherlands, joined Jan 2002, 2814 posts, RR: 17
Reply 3, posted (12 years 4 months 4 weeks 1 day 2 hours ago) and read 2896 times:
I can only say that this development is very disappointing for KLM, especially in the light of LH continuingly increasing long haul services [PDX, MEX, India, etc]. LH seems not to be able to operate all their long haul flights due to shortage of equipment [leasing in 332/340s] while KLM is getting rid of long haul equipment?
Immigration officer: "What's the purpose of your visit to the USA?" Spotter: "Shooting airliners with my Canon!"