MSYtristar From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (12 years 3 months 1 day 6 hours ago) and read 2329 times:
Some tidbits from the world of New Orleans aviation:
1) As of the second week in March, United will add the following from MSY:
* One additional Saturday-only nonstop to/from IAD (A319)
* One additional Sunday-only nonstop to LAX (Saturday return..A319)
* Saturday 757 service from IAD to MSY, and Sunday morning 757 service from MSY to ORD. (currently operating)
2) US Airways will upgrade it's PHL-MSY nonstop to an A321 on Saturday's. The aircraft then flies back to PHL. This starts next month I believe.
3) Continental has resumed an 8:00pm MSY-IAH departure, operating with an MD-80 on Thursday and Sunday. It returns from IAH at 10:00pm. Also, look for 3 daily 757's on that route starting in April, and the hopeful return of 753's in May/June.
4) Delta will implement the following route adjustments/enhancements on 4/6:
* Switch 2 737-800 flights into 7 CRJ flights on the MSY-DFW route. They will still operate one mainline flight on the route (MD-90), for a total of 8 dailies
* Add one extra MSY-CVG nonstop with an MD-88 (now 4 nonstops each way)
* 8 out of 10 MSY-ATL nonstops will be flown with Boeing 767's
* New Comair CRJ MSY-CVG service operates from mid-Feb. to early April
5) Trans Caribbean will begin new nonstops to Curacao and St.Maarten six days per week starting on 4/12/03. Boeing 747-200 nonstop flights to Brussels will begin in July...4 weekly flights I believe. TCA is building a reservations center in BTR, and is planning to serve BTR as well.
Well, that's about it for now, should anything change, I'll keep yall posted.
And be sure to read my post on New Orleans business in the "non aviation" forum...it may change some of the negative views on conducting business in New Orleans.