QatarAirways From Qatar, joined Sep 2008, 0 posts, RR: 0
Reply 2, posted (13 years 2 months 2 days 13 hours ago) and read 3211 times:
Earlier in the year QR used to operate 5x weekly with the A300. In Januray this year QR upgraded the route to daily with the A320 doing the two extra flights. Don't know about the two extra frequencies though which QR have not confirmed when they will start but earlier they were going to be added in April. The DOH-CMB route is doing very well with 87% load factor.
The information you have is incorrect. The A330's daily utilization rate is over 14 hours a day, that was when they had two. They recently got a third one with a 4th and 5th on the way over the next 2 months. Also none are used for gov flights, the government A330 is arriving soon though.
The utilization of the A330's is as follows:
- 11x weekly DOH-LHR-DOH
- 4x weekly DOH-CDG-DOH (WEF MAR 30, 3x weekly already operating)
- 5x weekly DOH-MNL-DOH (WEF MAR 30)
- 7x weekly DOH-DXB-DOH
- 2x weekly DOH-MXP-DOH (Don't know if they will continue with the summer schedule)
- 2x weekly DOH-PVG-SEL-PVG-DOH (WEF JUN 25)
- 1x weekly DOH-PVG-DOH (WEF JUL 1)
QR has high utilization rates accross the fleet. As a matter of interest QR has the highest utilization rate on the A300 of any carrier.