Taken from elal.com, I present here some answers and questions which might interest some of you..
Q & A on El Al's deployment during the Iraq conflict
1. How is EL AL organized human resources wise – in Israel and globally?
Israel's national airline, has prepared itself and its employees in every respect concerning the potential armed conflict in Iraq. El Al's air crews and ground employees have been briefed with respect to every scenario: they have been guided and trained as to their actions under different scenarios, the use of protection masks, activating filtration systems, operation of the aircrafts and naturally – supplying aid and guidance to El Al passengers.
2. How is El AL prepared to deal with the potential overloads in Ben Gurion Airport?
El Al has been preparing the company according to several scenarios, in order to make sure that in all of its facilities, its capable and well trained employees will be able to respond to any situation, and will be able to render the passengers – in spite the situation – the highest and best standard of service.
3. To what destinations is El Al flying?
As was stated before, El Al Israel National Airlines is maintaining a full and ongoing connection, between Israel and the world. The company is acting on one hand, under the guidelines of the security forces in Israel, and according to customers' demand on the other. If and when, changes in the regular schedule will occur, El Al will make sure to publicize the amended schedule.
4. Is El Al raising its prices due to the war ? and if so – isn't that a cynical use of the situation?
El Al Israel National Airline, maintains the ongoing connection between Israel and the world, and continues to operate in every possible situation. El Al is committed to its passengers, as the national airline, and renders the best service, frequencies and availability, in spite the current situation. El Al has not altered the prices, and continues to operate according to its usual and routine fares. Flight fares are always a result of demand, supply and the cost of operating the company. None the less, it is obvious that in times of emergency, there are no deals or special discounts.
5. Where can one purchase tickets?
Customers will be able to purchase flight tickets at their travel agencies, as well as in the El Al call center at +972-(0)3-9722333, El Al's web site, at the El Al cashier at Ben Gurion Airport and at El Al's ticket offices in the main cities.
6. Where are El Al's aircrafts landing? What kind of arrangements are set up for the benefit of the passengers flying to Tel Aviv ?
Israel National Airline, is committed first and foremost to all its passengers, and will maintain the connection between Israel and the world in every situation. El Al's aircrafts will land, in principle, in Ben Gurion airport, however due to one security situation or another; it is possible that the landing venue will be modified. El Al is committed to bring all its passengers to their destination safely.
7. How is the flights schedule determined?
El Al Israel Airlines will maintain the existing flights schedule, in response to customers demand, and under the dictated limitations of the security forces. However, due to possible changes in the security situation and in accordance with demand, the schedule may be altered in short notice.
8. Are there any preferences in boarding certain passengers and not others?
As a scheduled airline, El Al committed to all its passengers and will continue to operate according to its routine policy. The routine policy dictates no preferences of one passenger over another.
9. How will the public receive information?
El Al' s operation in every scenario will be update in the company's web site www.elal.co.il , as well as in the media.
10. What kind of information will the company's web site contain?
El Al's web site enables the public to purchase tickets, receive ongoing and updated information, regarding destinations, schedule, prices and availability, mode of operation, necessary telephone numbers etc.
11. How many aircrafts is El Al operating in time of emergency?
El Al is operating its entire fleet.
12. In case of an air train, will standard of service be harmed? Is El Al predicting a shortage of beverage, food, blankets etc.?
El Al has implemented procedures and has set up a response for any scenario that may occur. As a result, there is no expectation for any sort of shortage on the company's aircrafts. As always, El Al will insist on rendering its passengers the highest standard of service.
13. Assuming that all other airlines cease to fly to Israel, how will the code share agreements be implemented?
El Al will honor the tickets of airlines, according to the agreements between the companies. The bookings are done through the travel agents
Shalom to you all from Israel,