Gmasterd From United States of America, joined Jan 2003, 24 posts, RR: 0 Posted (12 years 4 months 21 hours ago) and read 10279 times:
My apologies if this has been previously posted, but I couldn't find it in my search of past topics.
I seem to be drawn to specific aircraft for various reasons when I scan through the pics on this site or am at the airport. Including all current/past commercial aircraft, what are your favorites (in order)? I'm curious to know how others feel, because I love the gracefulness of the widebody aircraft. I would think that is more common, but not sure.
UBBA Pilot From United States of America, joined Nov 2000, 48 posts, RR: 0
Reply 8, posted (12 years 4 months 20 hours ago) and read 10055 times:
1) Lockheed L1011 - Hands down the coolest airplane ever produced
2) Boeing 757-200 - They are just a damn sexy airplane, whereas the -300 looks like an anorexic chick.
3) Douglas DC-3 - Although I was born way after they were used in commercial service, I still enjoy watching them fly regularly as Mosquito Control spraying aircraft out of my home airport. 60 years+ of service.
4) DeHavilland Comet - The overall design was almost a work of art. The engines as an integral part of the wing and the fuselage shape just make this plane stick out in my head.
5) McDonnell Douglas MD-80 - Not one most people would choose, but I was trained in it while at Continental, so it now holds a special place in my heart.
Gmasterd From United States of America, joined Jan 2003, 24 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (12 years 4 months 20 hours ago) and read 10008 times:
B752fanatic, my 5th choice was a toss-up between the DC-10 and the A310. I chose the A310 because of the great memories it brings back each time I see one. I flew it twice on Air Jamaica... oooh, Jamaica...
I feel bad having left out some others, so I'm including them now.
Honorable mentions: A319, A320, A340-200, 737-700, 737-800, 757-200. I love the old classics too, they left me with many fond memories, but the newer jets are an overall nicer experience. I hope I get a chance to fly on the MD11 before they are all converted to freighters. And I sure would love to fly on the 747-400 and the A340-500/600 too.
Vimanav From India, joined Jul 2003, 1534 posts, RR: 14
Reply 18, posted (12 years 4 months 19 hours ago) and read 9804 times:
My top 5 would be:
DC3: The first of the modern airplanes
Boeing 707 : For being a prima donna. With them dawned the golden era of the airline industry.
Boeing 747 : The Queen of the Skies. 380 or not, there shall never be another like her again.
B737 all series : For being the best selling commercial airplane of all time and as my father describes them, "an idiot-proof aircraft".
A320: For its revolutionary technology.
Other personal favourites are:
Sarfaroshi kii tamannaa ab hamaare dil mein hai, Dekhnaa hai zor kitnaa baazu-e-qaatil mein hai
Sayem55 From Pakistan, joined Jul 2001, 324 posts, RR: 0
Reply 20, posted (12 years 4 months 18 hours ago) and read 9767 times:
B 707 : As Vimanav said "With them dawned the golden era of the airline industry."
B 747 :!!!!
DeHavilland Comet: Worlds first jet powered commercial aircraft.
DC-3 : !!!
Tu- 144 : First supersonic commercial aircraft.