Ssides From United States of America, joined Feb 2001, 4059 posts, RR: 19
Reply 9, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 5 hours ago) and read 17904 times:
5. US Airways (shoddy management, uncontrollable costs, poor hub structure)
4. Air Canada (hard to believe they can't turn a profit)
3. ValuJet (AirTran is probably one of the greatest turnarounds in history)
2. Tower Air (probably the worst-maintained 747s I've ever seen)
1. Aeroflot (what was its crash record again?)
Galvanair777 From United States of America, joined Apr 2005, 39 posts, RR: 0
Reply 10, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 5 hours ago) and read 17874 times:
Well heres my reasons:
1. EgyptAir has a terrible saftey record, as with Cubana
2. Valujet as with EgyptAir and Cubana terrible safety records, plus there service was sub par when i flew with them to ATL in 96.
3. US Air has a series of deadly crashes in the mid 90s one major one every year. Plus they lost my luggage and basically told me to go "f" myself
4. Avianca has gotten bad press in the past and is ranked as one of the worlds most unsafest airlines, that with Cubana.
Tommy767 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 13, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 17545 times:
From IMO, and personal experience
1. Tower Air: Flight was delayed 12 hours. Never got to fly them, glad I never did. There are so many complaints as well.
2. Continental (1980s-Until Gordon)
3. USAir (up until USAIRWAYS)
5. Northwest (on international flights, with elderly DC-10/747 and domestic with DC-9.)
Polnebmit From United States of America, joined Aug 2003, 103 posts, RR: 0
Reply 17, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 17457 times:
TACA International - Lost my luggage for 5 days
Continental - Delays, poor service, small planes
United - Cheap cheap service
USAir - Delays, dirty old planes
MarkAir - Very dirty planes, old equipment, delays
Elwood64151 From United States of America, joined Feb 2002, 2477 posts, RR: 5
Reply 18, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 17394 times:
When was the last time you flew CO? My experiences with them have always been excellent!
My list? Can't say SOUTHWEST?
I didn't say Southwest... I said "WN".
1) NW (never been treated well on them)
2) UA (not from personal experience, but everyone tells me to stay away - except employees)
3) WN (sorry, but I like to know whether I have a window before I get on the plane, other reasons)
4) NJ (only prior to Rocky Spane's retirement - after that, the best!)
5) HP (only 'cause I can't think of any other really awful airlines, and I HATE cashews!)
Those who fail to learn history are doomed to repeat it in summer school.
Ei a330-200 From Sweden, joined Apr 2001, 411 posts, RR: 4
Reply 22, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 17243 times:
When I say no IFE, I mean no music, no video, not even a safety video on a 757 and A320, both of which were capable 'cuz the 757 had the TVs in the aisles, LAX-MSP-LAX. Excuse me if I think that thats not cool. I don't normally bag airlines because the don't offer IFE, but that was a really long flight with a virtually non-existant Cabin Crew.
Danny From Poland, joined Apr 2002, 3535 posts, RR: 3
Reply 23, posted (12 years 5 months 2 weeks 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 17190 times:
Elwood64151 0 I could say a lot of good things about UAL. Maybe they are not the best airline in the world but certainly not the worst too.
1) Air China - crash after crash
2) Malev (I've hear a lot changed since I took 4 terrible flights with them in 2000.)
3) US Airways - really sucks - bad service and unpleasant treatment on 90% of their flights.
4) Atlantic Coast - the most ridiculous delays and lost baggage almost every time I fly with them.