All of the flights had excellent professional crew and the aircraft especially the A321 were immaculate with generous enough seat pitch. I found the food on board to be of a very good standard and overall I was very pleased and found them to be good value.
SAS owns 49 per cent in Spanair. The remaining 51 per cent is owned by a group of private investors, including chairman Gonzalo Pascual, who is also one of the main shareholders in Viajes Marsans, one of Spain's biggest travel agencies.
Heisan67 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 9, posted (9 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 6 hours ago) and read 1946 times:
I flew them CPH-MAD-LPA recently using a A321.
The crew was very nice. The food excelent. We were offered hot towels and warm dinner between CPH and MAD, between MAD and LPA the food was cold but still tasty. We even got a candy befor elanding. I flew economy and the only thing I thought was not so good was the seat pitch. It was not very much space between the seats.
Anxebla From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 10, posted (9 years 10 months 1 week 6 days 4 hours ago) and read 1869 times:
JK is the second (or 3º) airline in Spain.From two years ago they cancel his 767's lease for long haul destinations like Washington and EZE.I don't know why...Air Europe continue with services to CCS and HAV.
Anyway,JK and UX aren't still an alternative to IB.They are small carriers. Maybe there's (some) competition in domestic flights within Spain.That's all.
RNOcommctr From United States of America, joined Jan 2001, 826 posts, RR: 3 Reply 13, posted (9 years 10 months 1 week 5 days 15 hours ago) and read 1650 times:
I flew Spanair in February, 2001 Dulles-Madrid-Malaga (767/MD8_). The service was very good. One odd thing-- the flight attendants put on longish (past the wrist) black leather gloves for take-off and landing. Anyone know why? It seemed quite elegant and classy to me. In Madrid, I noticed lots of black leather, so maybe it's a regional thing.
Heisan67 From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Reply 15, posted (9 years 10 months 1 week 5 days 11 hours ago) and read 1605 times:
All flight attendents are to use gloves at take off and landing. This in case of an emergency. Most travelers dont see this, but all FA do this...and in Norway they alwas take their coats on....due to the cold weather outside and evacuation becomes neccesary.