The following is the conclusion of an alternative investigation of TWA 800 conducted by a Cmdr. William S. Donaldson USN Ret. This rejects the official findings and suggests that there was a cover up:
There can be no doubt from this report that a spontaneously exploding center fuel tank was not the cause of the Crash of TWA Plight 800. From the findings of fact previously discussed and the considerable body of circumstantial evidence contained here, one can logically draw the following conclusions:
1 . There is no evidence that the Center Wing Tank of TWA Flight 800 exploded due to mechanical
failure as the initiating event.
2. There is substantial evidence that the Center Wing Tank was ruptured from an exterior shockwave
and exploded late in the breakup sequence.
3 . Eyewitness testimony and forensic evidence in the Debris Field and the Flight Data Recorder fully support a missile engagement of TWA flight 800.
4. TWA Flight 800 was destroyed by an airbursting anti-aircraft missile.
5. What is not yet fully known is who fired the missile or missiles, which struck Flight 800.
6. The preponderance of evidence strongly points to a hostile attack by enemies of the United States.
7. The TWA FLSOO crash occurred 2 days before the start of the 1996 Olympics in Atlanta.
8. The United States was warned by Israeli intelligence of a terrorist risk to TWA FLSOO prior to the event. 9. 9. Two FBI Agents from the Mellville Long Island Office of the FBI witnessed the event. Normal
procedures would dictate that the White House was notified immediately.
10. High officials in the White House may have conspired with political appointees in the Justice
Department and the Transportation Department to hide the facts from the American electorate prior to the 1996 elections and the Atlanta Olympics.
11. The White House moved quickly when Pierre Sallinger made his missile cover-up allegation, causing Clinton to issue Executive Order 13039 on 11 March 1997.
12. It appears that after the re-election of the Clinton Administration, a decision was made in the spring of 1997, to vigorously promote and blame the loss on a non-existent mechanical failure.
13. The White House appears to have lied to the American public about the significance of specific
terrorist threats that predicted the event.
14. The Justice Department may have subverted the air-crash investigation by:
a. Denying Title 49 crash investigators access to hundreds of eyewitnesses and their testimony.
b. Denying access to positive explosive residue test results
c. Denying access to autopsy information and Lab Tests proving shrapnel from the missile warhead
had wounded victims.
d. Denying access to eyewitness amounts of the shootdown by FBI Agents.
e. Denying access to lab tests on residue samples taken from various critical aircraft pans.
This is the first page of the conclusion if it wets your appetite, the whole report can be accessed from
I'm not really sure what to think of all this myself...