Sponsor Message:
Civil Aviation Forum
My Starred Topics | Profile | New Topic | Forum Index | Help | Search 
ID Card For SK's Youth Tickets  
User currently offlinePe@rson From United Kingdom, joined Jan 2001, 19607 posts, RR: 51
Posted (12 years 22 hours ago) and read 3147 times:

I am looking to purchase a youth one-way ticket on SK from ARN to LHR via OSL. When I looked at the requirements, it says that I must possess an ID card to show that I'm aged between 12 and 25, but it does not state what constitutes an ID card. Would my passport suffice, or do they mean something different?


YOUTH FARE (Age 12-25)
Before departure changes are not permitted. After departure the homebound journey may be changed if routing is the same.

Ticket is non-refundable. Cancellation more than 1 day before departure, refund 50% of the fare.

No children discount. Infant under 2 without a seat 90% discount.

Valid on
Valid for youth confirmed 12-25 years with ID-card travel on SAS and certain partner airlines for one way or round trip travel.

Advance reservation/ticketing
Ticket can be bought up to departure. Payment must be made within 72 hours after reservation.

Product description
Id-Card. Change and refund restrictions

Minimum stay
No minimum stay

Maximum stay
1 year

Stopover not permitted."

"Everyone writing for the Telegraph knows that the way to grab eyeballs is with Ryanair and/or sex."
10 replies: All unread, jump to last
User currently offlineSwissgabe From Switzerland, joined Jan 2000, 5266 posts, RR: 31
Reply 1, posted (12 years 22 hours ago) and read 3123 times:

If you don't have an ID card with you, I'm sure they would be happy with your passport as well! I doubt that they would check it at the check-in or gate, but rather when making the booking.

Smooth as silk - Royal Orchid Service /// Suid-Afrikaanse Lugdiens - Springbok
User currently offlineOV735 From Estonia, joined Jan 2004, 939 posts, RR: 2
Reply 2, posted (12 years 22 hours ago) and read 3119 times:

I figure they require a national identity card, which I think are used in many of the EU countries, though I'm not sure about UK.

Anyway, a valid passport should be more than okay to prove your age, I think. But I suggest you still check from a more official source.


User currently offlineDaumueller From Germany, joined Nov 2003, 698 posts, RR: 6
Reply 3, posted (12 years 22 hours ago) and read 3105 times:

usually, when a policy says sth about ID CARD, any photo ID (drivers license, national ID, military ID etc.) including passports will be just fine.

User currently offlineZweed From Netherlands, joined Apr 2004, 455 posts, RR: 0
Reply 4, posted (12 years 22 hours ago) and read 3100 times:

Being a swede and under 25 I have done this many times. Your passport is enough or your national Identity card who should be valid for travelling within Schengen countries. (is the UK schengen?)

User currently offlineACAfan From United States of America, joined Apr 2004, 710 posts, RR: 5
Reply 5, posted (12 years 17 hours ago) and read 3059 times:

What is a Schengen country?

Freddie Laker ... May be at peace with his maker ... But he is a persona non grata ... with IATA
User currently offlineKaiGywer From United States of America, joined Oct 2003, 12323 posts, RR: 32
Reply 6, posted (12 years 2 hours ago) and read 3006 times:

Zweed, no, the UK is not part of Schengen.

ACAfan, Schengen is a lot of European countries that went together and basically decided that when travelling between countries that are members of Schengen, you don't need a passport, just like travelling between different US states. It is, however, advisable to bring your passport, as it is the most widely recognized ID.

“Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, an
User currently offlineZweed From Netherlands, joined Apr 2004, 455 posts, RR: 0
Reply 7, posted (12 years 2 hours ago) and read 3002 times:

Swedish drivers licenses (the new ones), dutch National ID cards and mayn others cards are valid for travelling in between the Schengen countries.
The main thing is, if it shows your nationality on the ID-card. Then you can use it.

User currently offlineStarlionblue From Greenland, joined Feb 2004, 17628 posts, RR: 65
Reply 8, posted (12 years 1 hour ago) and read 2985 times:

As Zweed hints at, Driver's Licences and ID cards are being harmonized between EU countried. If it has an EU flag on it, it's probably enough. Call the airline and ask, or bring your passport to be 100% certain.

ACAfan, KaiGwyer told you what The Schengen Treaty entails. the "unsexy" name is after the town where it was signed.

"There are no stupid questions, but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots."
User currently offlineSupersonic78 From Switzerland, joined May 2004, 146 posts, RR: 1
Reply 9, posted (11 years 12 months 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 2952 times:

You just require a valid travel document (ID or passport) and they normally check this at the check in to make sure that you are allowed to travel with a youth fare ticket... no cheating  Smile/happy/getting dizzy !

and as already mentioned UK is not Schengen member...

User currently offlineMrniji From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 10, posted (11 years 12 months 4 days 20 hours ago) and read 2940 times:

Call the airline and ask, or bring your passport to be 100% certain.

No need, Daumueller is 100 % correct, Pearson, Passport, Licence etc all is fine. Not a big thing at all

Top Of Page
Forum Index

This topic is archived and can not be replied to any more.

Printer friendly format

Similar topics:More similar topics...
2nd 319 For SK posted Mon Sep 18 2006 23:17:35 by Solnabo
FR Check'n Go: Take The PASSPORT, Not The ID Card posted Tue May 23 2006 18:46:21 by F.pier
Hunger Strike For Cheaper PIA Tickets posted Wed May 10 2006 17:47:40 by Krje1980
New Baa 'spotter' Id Card posted Thu Apr 15 2004 17:31:13 by Sergy2k
Aircraft ID Lookup For Past Flights.... posted Fri Nov 21 2003 21:50:03 by 764
KLMplus Card For BlueWing Members posted Tue Jun 18 2002 11:25:37 by Klmfan
Buying Two Separate Tickets For A Single Trip posted Tue Oct 10 2006 01:15:48 by ETStar
Funeral Tickets, Cheaper Flying For Family Reason posted Fri Jul 28 2006 16:06:16 by LH526
SK Loads For Non-rev Travel posted Wed Jul 12 2006 23:29:14 by Beowulf
A380 Tickets Available For Sale! posted Mon Jul 3 2006 07:06:03 by Dc10s4ever