PhotoLPPT From Portugal, joined Jul 2004, 503 posts, RR: 2
Reply 4, posted (9 years 8 months 6 days 11 hours ago) and read 1379 times:
This is my first post here, although I've been a regular (more like addicted!) reader for some years.
Corsair was indeed a very uncommon sight here, but it was not the only 747 that came to LIS during the Euro 2004. Please note that the only regular B747 traffic at LIS is the TAAG B747-300 D2-TEA or D2-TEB, so we got pretty excited to see these many news!
We've had the following hightlights:
* B747-400 - BA, LH and JAL
* B747-300 - Corsair, Air Pullmantour (I may be missing one or two 747s)
* A340-300 - Olympic (3 in a day!), BWIA, AF and EgyptAir (not Euro related)
* B777-200 - Varig (also with MD11)
* A330-233 - Air Greenland (OY-GRN... stunning!)
And a handfull of Yak42s, Tu154Ms, L1011s, not to mention dozens of BBJs, ACJs and other very interesting bizjets.
On the days of the great games (ex. England-France, Holand-Portugal and the Final), LPPT got around 700 aircraft movements per day, the usual number being around 200-300.
And I'm not even refering to OPO and FAO, or Cascais. They got their share too!!