Hardiwv From Brazil, joined Oct 2004, 8780 posts, RR: 52 Reply 7, posted (8 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 23 hours ago) and read 798 times:
Very intreresting figures! You can expect, however, an increase in pax number on the route FLN-EZE, as the Argentinian economy is recovering. AR and RG will have flights this coming summer, so it will probably return to the top ten list.
You can also see how balanced is international traffic to/from Brazil. Of the 10 major routes, Europe comes first, with 5 routes, followed by the US, with 3 routes, and South America, in second with 2 routes.
In the domestic front, you can see how important are the airports of Sao Paulo (CGH and GRU) and Rio de Janeiro (SDU and GIG), wich account for the top 14 routes in Brazil!
Erikwilliam From Brazil, joined Mar 2004, 2152 posts, RR: 14 Reply 8, posted (8 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 23 hours ago) and read 782 times:
Guys, sorry to disapoint U, but I don´t think FLN-EZE will be ever like before for just one reason: the Peso(argentinian money) was the same as the USD for a long time, wich was a bit unreal due to economy reasons, and when they come to Brazil, the money convertion made here very very cheap for them. Now they do´t have this anymore, the Peso and USD have different values as the Real(brazilian money). For people in EU and in US, Brazil is indeed a real cheap country, exs: a McMeal 1 costs USD 3,00 EU$2,50 a botle of water USD 0,50 EU$ 0,30, that´s U see.
My host brother from US came here 2 months ago and he couldn´t belive the prices, the amount of clothes that he bought was just unreal.
For sure FLN-EZE won´t be the same, but for sure there´s room for growth.
Dida, Cafu, Lucio, Roque Junior, Roberto Carlo, Emerson, Ze Roberto, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldo
Marambio From Argentina, joined Oct 2004, 1158 posts, RR: 28 Reply 9, posted (8 years 7 months 1 week 5 days 21 hours ago) and read 735 times:
Regarding FLN-EZE, I think it might be the same than during the 90s. Why? Because of the thousands of Argentinians that went to Floripa during the summer, about 70% did it by car. The other 30% is the richest part of the society, who is still rich (even though it certainly isn't what it used to be).
For us Argentinians Brazil is not really cheap but it still is affordable. Real and Peso are somewhat in a parity -- 1 ARS = 1BRL = 3 USD. So we still can go there and enjoy their beaches...
AR's MD-88 based at MAD is back at EZE, so we may see it flying to FLN after Christmas. During the summer holidays PU operated a charter EZE-MVD-BPS with their 752, which apparently was very succesful.
We'll have to wait until December and see.
Aerolíneas Argentinas - La Argentina que levanta vuelo.
Hardiwv From Brazil, joined Oct 2004, 8780 posts, RR: 52 Reply 10, posted (8 years 7 months 1 week 5 days 17 hours ago) and read 684 times:
Good point! And I also agree with you. I think that both economies, Brazil and Argentina are recovering, and there is still a strong connection between Florianopolis (and the surrounding region) with Argentina.
I bet there will be direct flights FLN-EZE operated not only by AR, but also RG and maybe even GOL! Last year, when the situation was not soo good than this year, RG even operated 2 x week FLN-EZE with the MD-11 during the summer. And maybe we can see some other routes, such as the one you mentioned FLN-MVD-BPS.
Let's wait for the summer and you can be sure that our brother Argentinians will always be welcome in Brazil!! (desptite the constant argument about football