RCS763av From Colombia, joined Jun 2004, 4406 posts, RR: 12
Reply 5, posted (10 years 5 months 3 weeks 6 days 14 hours ago) and read 1515 times:
ERJ´s are too small for some routes and inadequate for some airports. F100 would be nice as there is huge overcapacity in the domestic market, but 73Gs are more factble (knowing AV has been a loyal customer) and the F100s are as old as the MD-83s, so no reason for doing that.
Pdpsol From United States of America, joined Feb 2004, 1125 posts, RR: 5
Reply 6, posted (10 years 5 months 3 weeks 6 days 10 hours ago) and read 1466 times:
On November 16, 2004, US Federal District Court judge, Allan Gropper, approved AV's 'plan of reorganization', which will allow AV to exit US Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, resolve its creditor claims and provide the firm with fresh equity capital.
Brazil's Grupo Synergy will provide USD 63 million in funding and acquire a 75% equity interest, with Colombia's Federación Nacional de Cafeteros de Colombia holding the remaining 25%. AV's creditors approved the plan by a 99.8% margin.
Synergy's offer is what is referred to as a "stalking horse bid" under US bankruptcy law, as, theoretically, ANY other party could present a counter-bid between now and December 15, 2004 that is deemed to offer superior value to AV's creditors and stakeholders. However, no other offer is expected.
CO and CM looked at AV last year and decided not to place a bid. Both LA and TA are also not expected to top Synergy's bid. As for the consortium of AV pilots attempting to source funding for their bid, they do not offer any credibility relative to the Synergy proposal.
So, it appears the Brazilians will be the proud owners of AV in two week's time. Quite a Christmas present if there ever was one...
As for new/replacement equipment for AV's short haul fleet, who knows? At this point, it all appears to be pure speculation given the carrier's current situation.
Hardiwv From Brazil, joined Oct 2004, 8780 posts, RR: 47
Reply 7, posted (10 years 5 months 3 weeks 5 days 22 hours ago) and read 1397 times:
If Efromovich actually becomes the owner of AV (Which he may not since the pilots now have an Italian investor), he would favor ERJ's rather than old F's.
Not necessarily, since Efromovich's Oceanair is under negotiation with TAM to buy some of their F100s. TAM at one time was one of the largest operators of F100.
Another interesting point: Efromovich's holds the official license to sell Bombardier a/c in Brazil! So I'm sure he would favour CRJ instead of the ERJ!
If you visit Oceanair webpage you will note that Bombadier has commercial adds on it.
ERJ´s are too small for some routes and inadequate for some airports
Are you crazy? Some ERJ-190 can easily accommodate 100-110 pax in one class, and it has more flight range as well!