Swisskloten From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR: Posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 22 hours ago) and read 9237 times:
I saw the A380 rollout on a French website. It was spectacular! Amazing piece of machinery. Don't care what the Boeing supporters say, it was simply awesome. This leads me to wonder: the first people to join the *ahem* mile high club, are they probably going to brag about it? I wonder if there will be a competition to see who gets to be first!
Zippyjet From United States of America, joined Sep 2001, 5478 posts, RR: 12
Reply 1, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 22 hours ago) and read 9105 times:
Hey Swisskloten I'm gonna give you an idea you can take to the bank! Jump right up on the Reality TV craze. First, have Fear Factor with vapid I wanna be a star hard body drones competing in scary on board contests with the reward being the star of the of Virgin Errogenous! which of course is Mile High action aboard the uber jumbo jet. Contests of air terror could be:
1. Aboard the 380 flown by some drunk Russian pilots and have them attempt a landing and take off at DCA!
2. Of course imbiding the blue/green swill from well used lavs! More protein than crickets, slugs and cockroach souffle!
3. How about a flight with the big pussycat that took a bite out of Siegfried or was that Roy?
4. And to make sure these vapid hard body thespian wannabes are worthy of being the first A 380 Mile High club members, the last challenge being the toughest: AN 8 HOUR FLIGHT EATING SPAM AND DRINKING MILK OF MAGNESIA WHILE HAVING TO LISTEN TO AN ASHLEIGH SIMPSON LIP SINC CONCERT CONTINUOUSLY! Personally, I'll take the DCA take off and landings by those drunken Russian aviators over Ms. Simpson croaking the high notes.
Hodges From United States of America, joined Mar 2004, 138 posts, RR: 3
Reply 9, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 6 hours ago) and read 6716 times:
Branson is only saying he'll have the gyms, gambling, hair salons, etc. for the publicity. Sacrificing that much space for seats for certain amenities that aren't going to necessarily be used by the passengers is just stupid. I could possibly understand a bar and food area, but who wants to get their haird done at FL 300 when you can probably get a better job done on the ground?
Eoinnz From New Zealand, joined Jul 2003, 226 posts, RR: 0
Reply 11, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 4 hours ago) and read 5703 times:
Let's say that an airline does put a gym on - Are you really gonna use it. It's obviously only go to be for Business and First Class passengers but lets say that you've won a free trip J/F on the A380 to wherever. On your holiday do you really feel like
a) Trying to get changed into Gym clothes in one of those tiny little lavatories?
b) Working your behind off after a 5 course meal?
c) Getting changed again
d) Showers? Come on it's just not practical so your gonna smell the rest of the flight.
RRFan From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 14, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 5339 times:
'yeah i won't even fly his Virgin off shoot Virgin Blue, i'm not about to belittle myself to fly Virgin Atlantic either, trashy is not my cuppa tea.
first flight from SQ of the A380 will be Sin-Syd, i have ever intention of being on that flight!'
Ummmmmmm, lets talk about Qantas with outdated interiors, no TV's in economy until the 21st century, unlike Virgin. Not used to competition, unlike Virgin, No low fares until the arrival of Virgin, crap service unlike Virgin and one more thing and no racist, outdated recruitment that allows no foreign nationals!!!!!. Trust me Virgin are 10 times better, soon to be far bigger and one more thing Qantas is Australian, enough said!
Qantas077 From Australia, joined Jan 2004, 5855 posts, RR: 40
Reply 15, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 5311 times:
well that maybe so, but QF have never done wrong by me and i like giving my money to my own countries airline, they don't resort to cheap advertising to sell seats either. perfectly happy to fly QF no matter who's better.
oh, and that's your opinion of VS, but at the end of the day all airlines are pretty average when it comes to travellers in economy.
a true friend is someone who sees the pain in your eyes, while everyone else believes the smile on your face.
PPVRA From Brazil, joined Nov 2004, 8958 posts, RR: 40
Reply 17, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 3 hours ago) and read 5212 times:
As another thread posted a few days ago, porn is big in airports... I'll propose an airline: Strip Club Air.
- No need for a fidelity (miles) program.
- No need to pay for F/A. Strippers should be happy with the tips (especially with first class).
- No extra costs for PTVs needed, including PTV mx.
- Not a lot of advertisement needed, the word will spread faster and more efficiently than the internet could.
- Fares won't have to be LCC-low.
-Huge unexplored market.
"If goods do not cross borders, soldiers will" - Frederic Bastiat
Eldoylio From United Kingdom, joined Aug 2003, 96 posts, RR: 2
Reply 19, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 6 days 2 hours ago) and read 4841 times:
Im sure that a while ago Branson was interviewed discussing the new Upper Class flat bed which was in development at the time. During the interview he suggested that Virgin were working on a double bed that would be contained in a private cabin.
In true Virgin style he suggested that certificates confirming the acceptance into the Virgin mile high club!
Did anyone else see that story? So far I have only found links to the suggestion of double beds onboard the A340-600.
Fuffla From Australia, joined Feb 2004, 401 posts, RR: 0
Reply 23, posted (9 years 7 months 1 week 5 days 23 hours ago) and read 3886 times:
Maybe you should all look at the facts...
1. This topic is about the A380 Mile High Club and not a competition between QF and VS economy class.
2. Statistics show that QF is a better all round airline than VS (ie- see Skytrax)
3. On a personal note, a persons opinion should not be subject to abuse. IT IS THEIR OPINION. If they prefer to only fly their national airline than one that has been introduced by a foreign company, that is their choice!