Salim From Lebanon, joined Jun 2001, 303 posts, RR: 1 Posted (10 years 2 weeks 4 days 13 hours ago) and read 4303 times:
I'm for the time being in Bangalore for an internship, and i'm flying back to beirut on the 23rd.
I'm flying air india direct to Dubai, flight 771 i think, which is expected to land at 10.45am. Then at 14.50 i'm flying mea to beirut.
The point is that i'cannot take the risk of missing the mea fly as i must be in bey saturday evening and that anyway all the flights to bey are fully booked in july.
Considering the fact that air india's flight are very very very often delayed (i had 6h delay when flying from dxb to bom last week), do you think i'd better book an other ai flight, via bom, so that i arrive earlier in dxb, or do you think there is no need to worry?
Salim From Lebanon, joined Jun 2001, 303 posts, RR: 1
Reply 2, posted (10 years 2 weeks 4 days 10 hours ago) and read 4147 times:
What I was thinking to do is flying jet airways from bangalore to Bombay on the 22 late evening, then ek to dubai on the 23 very early then the mea flight I've already booked...
But still, IF IT'S ON TIME, the air India direct flight to dxb is very convenient ...
Mrniji From , joined Dec 1969, posts, RR:
Reply 3, posted (10 years 2 weeks 4 days 9 hours ago) and read 4116 times:
Quoting Salim (Reply 2): But still, IF IT'S ON TIME, the air India direct flight to dxb is very convenient ...
Difficult to say by now whether or not they are on time
If I were you, I would do the following: Since AI and MEA are interline partners, you will get ONE SINGLE TICKET (on the name of AI), which means that AI is indirectly responsible to bring you all the way to BEY. Normally when I am in the same situation, I request them to put an info into the computer accordingly under the PNR, so that they can take alternative arrangements in the worst case.
Again, I can only speak for me: i would take the risk and book BLR-DXB as nonstop, be a little early at the airport so that in the worst case, they can take arrangements (which can be complicated with AI's tatty ground handling) . Worst case would probably be that they book you to BOM, and then onwards to DXB (so be early), and if IC flies BLR-DXB, on IC (dunno whether there will be a flight that day)...
It's your decision. I would take the risk. And now I have to hurry packing as my own flight leaves soon!
HAWK21M From India, joined Jan 2001, 31792 posts, RR: 55
Reply 4, posted (10 years 2 weeks 3 days 20 hours ago) and read 3983 times:
Quoting Mrniji (Reply 3): And now I have to hurry packing as my own flight leaves soon!
Quoting Salim (Reply 2): What I was thinking to do is flying jet airways from bangalore to Bombay on the 22 late evening, then ek to dubai on the 23 very early then the mea flight I've already booked...