777ER From New Zealand, joined Dec 2003, 12976 posts, RR: 15 Posted (10 years 10 months 4 days 23 hours ago) and read 3361 times:
AIRLINERS.NET CREW HEAD MODERATOR
Tomorrow (Sunday 31st July) QF will celebrate its 10th anniversary since QF was listed as a public company. Some of the key things QF has done since 1995 is:
* grown staff numbers by almost 30 per cent - from 30,000 in 1995 to more than 38,400 staff today - the vast majority of them in Australia;
* more than doubled the number of passengers carried each year, from 16 million in 1995 to more than 32 million in 2005;
* increased the number of flights it operates from 1,900 flights a week (including 250 international services) to more than 5,000 a week (including 600 international services);
* expanded its network significantly, from 86 destinations in 26 countries, including 48 in Australia, in 1995 to 145 destinations in 40 countries, including 62 in Australia operated by four Qantas Group airlines today; and
* grown its fleet by 47 per cent, from 136 aircraft in 1995 to 200 in 2005.