CHI787ORD From United States of America, joined Jun 2005, 558 posts, RR: 4 Posted (9 years 1 month 2 weeks 3 days 6 hours ago) and read 2776 times:
Punjabis have yet another reason to get drunk tonight. The new terminal at Amritsar Rajasansi International Airport (NEW NAME: Amritsar Guru Ram Das International Airport) has finally opened after nearly nine years of planning and beaureacratic delays.
The new terminal boasts:
- 8 customs booths (each for departures and arrivals)
- 4 escalators, 4 elevators
- 4 baggage claim conveyor belts
- 16 Checkin Counters
- common user terminal (CUT) system with 16 check-in counters
- 1 current aerobridge with 3 others in development
- new duty free shop and snack/book/souvenier stores
My source is my cousin in India who says that the new terminal has actually been opened for 3 weeks now. His source is his good friend who works at ATQ. I know this is hearsay, so can anyone for sure confirm all of this?
Now will BA and LH consider flights to ATQ? All I need is ONE of them to start flying to ATQ, and I can die in peace.