Melbourne is interesting as QR has been considering servicing this city for a number of years. There was a major announcement from both the Victorian Government and QR with large media coverage yet still no services. They haven't even mentioned frequencies or aircraft to be used.
QR will also begin a fourth weekly service to PEK with a 2 class A330-200!
India will also receive a 50% increse:
Revised schedules are: -
- Mumbai increases from seven flights a week to double daily
- Delhi increases from seven flights a week to 10
- Hyderabad increases from four to seven flights a week
- Cochin increases from five to seven flights a week
- Trivandrum daily flights upgraded to larger aircraft
Hong Kong flights will begin summer 2006 with 7 weekly A330-200 flights!
Berlin will begin on December 15th with 4x weekly A319 flights!
Madrid will be launched on December 2nd with A300-600R's, 3x weekly via FCO!